'what are you doing? you cana take them. we both know you can. you've wanted this for a very long time and now that you have the chance, you're going to back out?' My inner voice kicked in and I listened.

'No! I may have wanted this for a long time, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start now."

'but you've already killed before. why not now?'

'Those were newly made vampires and that girl was in trouble. These are people I know and once cared for. They aren't some chew toy like those others wer.'

'maybe, but we both know that sosmething has to be done.'

'I know.'

'someone is talking to you. you might want to check back into your body now.'

I hadn't realized that I had opened my mind. I was drifting between the astral plane and the real world. I have to do something about these people.

"Faye! Come back, Faye."

My vision cleared and I saw Rex in front of me trying to take the gun away from me. My hand tightened on the tiny silver gun as I said, "Do you have a death wish or are you looking for some fun?" His eyes shot to mine and soon all I could see was Rex. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips brush mine.

I quickly stepped back and said, "Trying to seduce me into giving you the gun, Rex? Tsk-Tsk. Not going to happen. Please, everyone, sit down."

Everyone sat down but never took their eyes off of me. Ha! like I could kill all of them. I'd probably die by Rex's hand if I tried, but I'd take John down with me. "Now, I'm sure you're all very curious as to the reason I'm here, and why I left. I can already tell that John didn't tell you why I left. Don't worry, I won't be staying, John," I said as I looked over at a shaking John.

"There are several reasons why I left and very few reasons of why I came back. I left because I seemed to be hurting you all. Everything I did hurt you. Just my being with you here kept you in danger. I needed to find answers to my questions. All of the people who could answer them, died a time ago. John didn't want me staying here for a reason I don't know. We made a deal, I would leave if he kept a shield over the house to protect all of those that were living in it the time he put the spell on it. He did it when I left the city. But it seems that the shield was too weak to keep me out of this house. I had to get away from here, away from all of you. No one would have let me go that night if you were all awake. Well, that is, everyone but John. I put you all in a sleeping trance where you wouldn't wake up until I forced you to. I did so when I was sure that none of you would be able to tell where I went. I left that night, with a gunshot wound. But a few days afterwards it healed." I looked around at all of the shocked faces. John's face portrayed no emotion.