Don't Forget The Sun [KK x Reader Songstuck Part one]

Trigger Warning: Rarely any fluff, cursing, and self-harm.

Be ____. You are now ____. You like [insert a hobbie] and [insert an object]. Now is time for you to get ready to go to school. What will you do?

You get up out of bed, duh! You rush to go get ready for school. Your guardians are already out for work. You sigh as you smell the burnt remains of a stack of pancakes.

You gulp it down and head out to your bus stop. You stand alone since you're the only high-schooler on this street. Seriously, that's a pain, but you don't care. It's somewhat better to be alone than surrounded by idiots.

The bus comes by and picks you up and you sit in your regular seat silently. No one talks to you much besides Terezi and she didn't even live in your neighborhood.

Eventually the bus stops abruptly in front of your school. Everything was the same to you. Always the same routine. You'd trudge through your morning classes. Then you'd listen to Terezi during lunch. She would argue with her foul mouthed friend Karkat for the mostpart.

Karkat was weird... He always hid behind a dark sweater and sharp insults. What was his deal?

Today was different though. You just haven't figured that out yet... For now, just go on with your daily routine.

You shuffle into your math class. You always sat next to one of Terezi's friends Sollux. He always had on weird 3D glasses. You could never figure out why.

He was where he always was. You took your seat and scooted away a little bit. He always stunk of honey. You hate honey. You weren't sure how your friend Revain could put up with him, but whatever floats her boat.

Math class dragged on for an hour before it was time to go to your next class. You sighed, wishing for the day to already be over.

You sucked at Spanish class, so you skipped and hid in the bathroom. Some girls were also skipping class, but only to fix their make-up. How could they stand to have that crap on their faces?! You would never be able to understand people these days.

They looked at you and started whispering amongst themselves. This, you would definately NOT stand for.

"If you have anything to say about me, why not try telling it to my face, jerks!" you said. Your better judgement came back and slapped you. One girl, probably their leader, put her hands on her hips.

"You are so... faceless! Why do you even bother going to school if you're just going to drift around? Honestly! Why aren't you dead yet?" she said, smirking. Well damn! You asked for it, and they served you your own ass. That was like a backhand.

The girl snapped her fingers and left with her plastic entourage. You slid down to the cold hard ground. You wanted so badly to just smack them... but you also wanted to hurt yourself.

Why did you bother? Why weren't you dead yet?

Tears started to surface. You shook your head. Those b----es didn't deserve your tears. You stood up and splashed water from the sink on your face.

Soon the bell rang and it was time for lunch. Fun.

You slipped out of the bathroom and fell into line beside Terezi. No one seemed to notice...

You stayed at the lunch table while Terezi went to go get her lunch. You looked around, watching out for crabby pants. Nowhere... That was weird. Usually he was always at lunch. You couldn't miss him because he was always yelling at someone...

Terezi came back and sat across from you. Your blind friend sniffed at her tray and picked up the red apple they gave her. She gave it a bite and laughed.

"Where's Karkat?" she asked boredly.

"I dunno," you shrugged. Terezi rolled her eyes and continued eating her red food item. The rest of the day dragged on until school ended. By then, you were sick and tired of almost everyone.

When that bell rang, you ran outside, only to collide with something... or someone.

You looked up to find it was Karkat.

"What the hell are you doing?! Why aren't you watching where you're freaking going, jackass!" he yelled. You growled and smacked him. He was stunned. You took that chance to stomp off to your bus before he could hit you back.

The next day also dragged on. Your classes were just more distractions in life. When lunch came, you knew you were screwed.

Karkat stormed over and began cussing you out. You didn't have the patience for this. That is, until you heard something along the lines of an apology.

The crabby brat was looking down and slightly blushing. You just stared confusedly.

"Are you just going to stand there like an idiot or accept my apology?" Karkat grumbled. You grabbed his shirt collar.

"Listen here, dwarf! I'm not the idiot here! If you think I'm going to put up with this crap today, you're dead wrong. I'm so sick of you and your pathetic insults. Why won't you just leave me the hell alone?!" you ran out of breath. He just stared at you, dazed. You shook your head and pushed him away from you.

He brushed himself off and walked out of the cafeteria. Everyone stared at you, most of them shocked you had even said anything, much less curse.

"Wow.... Way to go ____!" Terezi patted your back. You felt something gnawing at the back of you head, but you just couldn't figure it out.

Suddenly you heard someone scream outside of the cafeteria. All of you ran out to find the nurse hurriedly wrapping something frantically around someone's wrist. She was in front of the boys' bathroom. Blood was trailing from the bathroom, out to the person.

Terezi sniffed the air and gasped. You waited for her to announce her findings. That's when you realized it.

Karkat!

You sank down to the floor. This was your fault, you knew this all too well. Why did you say those awful things? Why hadn't you noticed? You hadn't wanted to hurt him! You were just... frustrated with yourself. You didn't understand the feelings Karkat evoked in you and you didn't want to.

And now he was being whisked away on a stretcher to an ambulance. You watched as they pulled him away. Every second, until they closed the ambulance doors and drove away as it began to rain.

____, run after the ambulance. No! That wouldn't make any sense! It was pouring outside and you would never be able to reach the ambulance unless you were freaking Sonic the Hedgehog.

You felt a hand on your shoulder. Your friend Revain was trying to be supportive. You faked half of a smile and walked back inside.

That night, all you could think of was that bright red blood splattered across the tiled floor.

You sat up, shivering, holding a pillow tightly as if it would make anything better. Pillows make everything better...right? Your warm tears, the warmth of your pillow, and the rhythm of the rain lulled you to a fitful sleep.

[A/N]: Sorry if this sucks! I'm kind of up at around 11 pm writing most of these so.... yeah... there is going to be another part (when I get around to it). If you want, send me a Songstuck request via comments or messages and make sure to include a song and a character (in case that wasn't clarified...)