One

I looked at the house one last time, clutching the last box in my arms.

My mother walked up to me and hugged me. 

"I love you," she says softly.

"I love you too Mom," I reply.

I look over at the Birlem's old house. They moved out while I was in tenth grade, back to North Carolina. I pretty much don't even recognise them or their house anymore. I'm friends with Jen on Facebook, but that's pretty much it.

"Bye Aria!" Arabella yells, then hugs me tightly. "I love you."

"Love you too, Bella. Be good for Mom, okay?" I reply.

She's still in high school, tenth grade. I just graduated a few months ago and bought an apartment.

I walk to the car, and begin driving. I don't have much, I just my furniture in the trailer on the back of the car and some belongings in boxes in the car seats.

Once I arrive to the apartment, I begin unpacking, listening to music on my speaker while I was at it. Suddenly, someone knocks on the door to my apartment, which, by the way, was already open because I was carrying my belongings on the elevator.

"Hi, sorry!" I say, turning off the music, "I'm a bit loud."

I turn to see a boy, about my age, standing there smiling awkwardly.

"It's all good. You like 'The Rolling Stones'?" he asks, referring to my music.

I push back some of my hair. "Uh... It's just in my playlist."

He laughs. "Do you need help?"

"Um..." I say, thinking he's referring to Dr Phil or something.

"I meant in your apartment. Moving in. Do you need help?" he asks.

"Oh right! Um... yes, that would be... really helpful," I say, sighing.

"I'm Charles, by the way," he says.

I nod my head. "I'm-"

"Aria. From ninth grade," he says.

I look to him, surprised.

"Charles? Charles Gitnick?" I ask, shocked.

"Yep," he laughs.

"Oh my God!" I say, and hug him, "I haven't seen you since the last day of ninth grade!"

"I know, I was expelled," he says.

"What? What happened?" I ask.

"A lot of us were, actually," he says, and we grab boxes to bring upstairs. "Mark, Aaron, Blake, Hunter, me..."

"Why?" I ask.

"Well, at graduation we stole some of the alcohol from behind the counter of the food buffet," he explains, "we got drunk and um..."

He begins laughing. "The teachers found out and we got expelled at grad. We couldn't even finish the party before we were kicked out and out parents were called."

"Oh my God, Charles," I say, laughing at him.

"Yeah it was pretty... surreal. After that my parents basically disowned me, put me in a public high school, and... as soon as I graduated I moved here," he explains.

"Wow," I answer. "I would not expect you to do something like that."

"Yeah..." He says, "so I heard you and Joey never sorted stuff out."

"Joseph Birlem..." I say, "Haven't seen him since tenth grade. He moved to North Carolina anyway, things weren't going to work out even if we did sort everything out."

"Who did he hang out with if it wasn't you or any of us?" he asks.

"Well... you know at the beginning of ninth grade how he was a loner? Didn't have any friends?" I ask, and Charles nods, "Well... he turned out to be like that again."

"Jeez," Charles says after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah... I didn't go to 12th grade grad either... Because I had no one to go with," I say, and he raises his eyebrows in concern.

"Zach and Maya went together, Geo and Sasha went together, Ellie and some other dude went together... I didn't go with anyone because after you guys left and after Joey left everyone forgot about me. Nobody knew me for my ring or my sister's earrings or anything... So I stayed at home and had dinner with my family," I explain.

"That sucks," he says, "I wish I was there... you know, to go with you, so you wouldn't feel alone."

"Charles, it's fine. Everything happens for a reason," I reply.

"Was that your senior year quote, or...?" he says, and we laugh.

"No. Mine was 'forever until the end.' What about you?" I ask.

"'Never give up because great things take time.' I got it off the internet but... I feel like I'm destined for something great. I just don't know what yet," he explains.

"Yeah me too," I reply, nodding.

We spend the night ordering Chinese food and and talking about high school memories.

It was really fun.

Before I know it, he has to leave and I spend the rest of night having a long shower and then going to bed.

****

I woke up really tired, at five in the morning as per usual. I got dressed in a sports bra and some leggings and threw my hair in a bun. I went for a long run, and finished my workout at the gym downstairs in my apartment block.

I walked back upstairs and had a shower. I got dressed in this...

I grabbed my keys and wallet, stuffing them in my handbag and I walked outside

I grabbed my keys and wallet, stuffing them in my handbag and I walked outside. I didn't really know where I was going, but I was going to be finding a second job. I work part time at the bakery and their pays are really good. I work only Mondays to Fridays, but Saturday and Sunday are my days off. Today is Sunday. 

I decided on my days off I'll be looking for jobs. While I was out, I did some grocery shopping. The apartment came with some furniture, like kitchenware and laundry needs. The basic things you need to stay alive, like a fridge and a washing machine.

Anyway, while I was at the grocery store, I bumped into a boy by accident. He turned around to face me. He was as tall as me, which is pretty short.

He looked so familiar...

****

A/N

ahh who do you think it is?

comment down below!

love you guys YOU ALL ARE BEAUTIFUL ANGELS GIVEN AS GIFTS FROM GOD FROM HEAVEN

jk i'm not catholic or anything but still y'all are beautiful angels yas girl work that angel-ness x

-Chloe xxx

****