New partner, new friend

*Scullys POV*

Monday morning. FBI headquarters.

I had just gotten to work on time. I did my regular routine of going down to the basement. I walked is to see that Agent Mulder wasn't here.

'Well that's odd..' I thought to myself. I shrugged it off. There was a case file on his desk that I decided to read. It was definitely an X-File.

It wasn't long after that I received a phone call. I picked it up.

"Agent Scully."

"Dana, it's A.D. Skinner. I need you to come to my office, and bring that file on Agent Mulders desk with you."

"I'll be right up Sir."

I hung up and grabbed the file. I headed up using the elevator and walked to his office.

"Good morning Agent Scully, he's waiting inside for you."

I nodded, "Thank you Arleen." I smiled and walked in to see 2 sets of eyes on me.

"Agent Scully, have a seat." Skinner directed me to empty seat next to a blond haired woman.

I nodded and took a seat. I glanced over to look at the woman who was also looking at me. She had long blond hair, beautiful blue eyes and lips that looked so soft and kissable.

I looked toward after realizing that I was staring and Skinner sat down and cleaned the files on his desk.

"Agent Scully, this is former Detective Superintendent Stella Gibson from the Metropolitan Police." He looked to her.

I looked over and smiled. I extended my hand, "Dana Scully."

She took my hand and shook it, "Stella Gibson." She had a very strong British accent that fit her very well.

She smiled faintly and brought her attention back to Skinner. Me on the other hand, I kept looking at her for a bit. That was until Skinner spoke again.

"Scully I've called you down here to tell you that Stella is your new partner in The X-Files."

"What about Agent Mulder? Where is he?"

"He no longer works here, Kersh decided it was enough and I couldn't save him this time."

I sighed, "Alright."

"So the file I left of his desk if your newest case. Bring Stella down to the office and show her around."

I nodded and stood. I walked out with Stella behind me.

"So What brings you here to DC?"

"Well, I had just finished a case I'm Belfast. Apparently I pissed a few people off."

She laughed a bit and I smiled. "I'm sorry about that. So how did you get stuck in The X-Files?" I walked into the elevator and pressed the button.

"I heard a few people talking about it in the news and decided to try it out. Enough about me, I want to hear about you ." She gave me a soft smile.

"Well there's not much to know..." I looked down. She took her finger and lifted my head up.

"Come on Dana, Were partners now. I need to know more about you. I need to know I can trust you."

She fixed a strand of my hair. I looked up and into her icy blue eyes. There was something about her... but I just don't know what.

The elevator door opened and I looked down. I walked out of the elevator and into the office to see Agent Mulder packing things up.

"Mulder, what did you do this time?"

He smiled and walked over. He hugged me. "Apparently accessing secret files without any permission for the 47th time is 'crossing the line'."

I returned the hug, "Mulder, I'm sorry. I know The X-Files are your life.." I pulled away from the hug.

"Hey, it's alright. I have a family now."

We both smiled and Stella walked in. We both looked to her.

Mulder looked down to me, "Who's she?"

"Mulder, this is Stella Gibson. My new partner. Stella, this is Mulder, my former partner."

They shake hands, "Nice to meet you Stella. Do me a favor and treat Dana well. She deserves it."

She smiled and nodded.

"Mulder please don't disappear. Call me once in a while so I know your okay, alright?"

"You got it Doc." He smiled and picked up the box, "I'll talk to you soon."

I watched as he walked away. "Wow, I've been working with him for over 6 years.."

"I'm sorry Dana. I can tell he meant a lot to you." She sat on the now empty desk and looked around.

"Thanks. So, this is our office. You can take the desk if you'd like. I don't really mind. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. But for now, we have to get going." I looked to the clock. "We should start driving soon. How about we can stop at your house to get some things, then my house then we can go to the airport. Sound good?"

She nodded. I noticed she was looking at me, almost scanning me in a way. We went back into the elevator and back to the first floor. We took our assigned car and started driving after she gave me the address.