She roared as she hobbled to her feet and pointed her wand at me, now defenceless on the floor. "No!" Draco screamed before she could curse me, throwing himself between us and covering my body with his. "Move aside, Draco," she hissed, as if it would do any good. Draco remained cowered over me, and I buried my face weakly in his jacket. "Thank you," I whispered, not only for his protection but also for his silence. 

Bellatrix snarled as she turned her back on us and stalked away. Draco helped me to my feet, remaining in front of me in case she tried to attack again.

"Children," Lucius muttered to Draco and I. "If we turn Potter in, our lives will be good again. All will be as it was."

"We won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope," the head Snatcher retorted to Lucius. 

"You dare to talk to me like that in my own house?!" Lucius roared at him, although his voice was shaking and lacking in any sort of substance. Narcissa rushed over to us and hissed her husband's name, before prising him away from us.

"Now if this isn't who we think it is Draco and we call him, then he'll kill us all," Bellatrix snarled, once again pushing Harry towards us. "We need to be absolutely sure. Then you and your beloved Andromeda can go back to playing happy families."

"What's wrong with his face?" Draco asked as he got close to Harry. "Yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix asked the head Snatcher. Draco stared into Harry's pleading eyes as the Snatcher replied, "he came to us like that. Something he picked up in the forest I reckon."

"Yes, or ran into a Stinging Jinx," Bellatrix replied, pointing her wand at Hermione, who was being restrained at Ron's side by Greyback. Bellatrix tapped Draco on the head with her hand as she stepped past him and over to Hermione and Ron. "Give me her wand, we'll see what her last spell was," she called to the Snatcher who had taken them. At my side, Draco was still staring into Harry's eyes, his conscience fighting with his desire to make a life with me. He looked up at me, and I knew that he knew the truth. 

Don't do it, I sent all my thoughts to the locket, I'll never forgive you if you do. 

He seemed to understand, because ever so slightly, he nodded.

Narcissa appeared at Draco's side and tapped him lightly on the shoulder, inviting him to stand up. I looked at her nervously, and saw that her face was pale. She didn't want to turn Harry in; there was a part of her that wanted Harry to triumph in defeating the Dark Lord, however small the chance was, because even if she was sent to Azkaban for her involvement, it would mean that she could stop killing and torturing people on the Dark Lord's command. Narcissa wasn't cruel; whilst she believed in pure-blood supremacy, she disagreed with killing muggle-borns or even half-bloods because of it. 

Narcissa wanted Harry to succeed, and so she didn't say a word as she helped us up.

Bellatrix cackled at Hermione as she staggered over to the Snatcher holding the possessions that had been confiscated from Harry, Hermione and Ron, and then she caught her breathe as she saw something glittering in his hands. I squinted to see what it was, and then gasped. It couldn't be, Godric Gryffindor's sword was missing! Dumbledore had left it to Harry, but it had been missing all those months ago when Scrimgeour had come to give Harry and the others the things that Dumbledore had left them in his will. How did they have it now?

And why did Bellatrix care?

"What is that?" she whispered. "Where'd you get that from?"

"It was in 'er bag when we searched 'er. Reckon it's mine now," the stupid Snatcher replied arrogantly. I winced as Bellatrix sent the Killing Curse at him, ripping the sword from his hands and then spinning around, cursing all of the other Snatcher's in the room and whipping them with a long, tentacle-like whip she had produced from nowhere.