Chapter One: Change in Management

Stamford Bridge was filled with a nervous buzz as the players gathered all dressed in their club suits; they were waiting to meet their new manager after the sacking of their last one.

It was common knowledge that when Richard Montez was hired he liked to bring in his own staff; that meant that the moment that Andres Villas-Boas had been sacked, so had his staff.

The players sat quietly talking between themselves while they watched for their new manager to arrive with his team, they weren't sure what to expect from the man that was described as an army drill sergeant.

"What do you think he's like?" Juan Mata asked as he looked between his team-mates, he had only been at the club for a couple of months and had been brought in when Andres had first been appointed as manager.

"I heard that he thinks he's a drill sergeant," Didier Drogba said as he looked towards the door where the owner of the club had just walked into the room; they all looked towards Roman Abramovich wondering what he wanted.

The Russian nodded his head in approval before he walked back out of the room, they all watched him leave before they all started to talk again.

They didn't have to wait long for Roman to return and this time he was followed by Richard and his team; no one had problems spotting their new manager who had dressed in a smart all-black suit.

"This is Richard Montez... he's your new coach and manager," Roman announced as he looked over the group, he knew that they weren't going to like what Richard had planned for them but he hoped that they weren't going to cause him any problems.

Richard nodded at Roman before he stepped forward to speak to the gathered group, his eyes searched the crowd as he prepared to speak; he knew that his ideas weren't going to be welcome but he wasn't going to take any crap from anyone.

"Now I have three simple rules, One you will all give me 110% no matter what the hell's going on outside of this club. Two I don't give a flying f*ck about what you pansy's think, you will do anything my team or I ask of you and Three you will all now be a part of one-to-one none optional therapy sessions," Richard said as he eyed the gathered group.

He could see that already a couple of the players weren't happy with what he had said, he could already tell who were going to be the difficult ones and he knew that he was going to have to break any spirit that the trouble makers had.

Lucas Piazón raised his hand, nodding at him Richard waited to hear what the eighteen year old had to say, he had a feeling that it was about Riley; he knew that a couple of the footballers were starting to notice her.

"Who is the beautiful woman?" Lucas asked making the brunette roll her brown eyes annoyed, she had worn a black pencil dress with cream contrast trim paired with black pointed high heels since she had wanted to look professional.

All the players seemed to perk at the mention of her, staring at Riley they waited for Richard to speak curious about the brunette that was with him.

"Dr. Riley Montez is the new team therapist," Richard said making a couple of the team pale as they realised that Riley was related to their new manager.

***

Riley nodded along as she walked behind her father and Roman as they walked along the corridors, discussing her father's plans for the club; she knew that this was important to her father and she wasn't going to mess it up.

The brunette had asked her best friend to look after Aiden while she was getting to know her new place of work; she didn't want to try and divide her attention between her introduction to the club and her son.

Roman glanced at the brunette as they came to a stop with Riley's name on it.

"This is your office Dr. Montez, everything has been organized to your orders," he said making her smile at him; she knew that she was going to have to make sure that she had everything in order before she brought Aiden in.

"Thank you Mr. Abramovich," she replied politely, she didn't miss her father's smile; Roman nodded at her before they left her alone, she had asked for three rooms instead of the usual one that therapists used.

Taking a deep breath, Riley stepped into her main office; where she would do most of the write ups and somewhere where she could keep Aiden out of trouble.

She smiled as she looked around, she thought for a moment looking between the two doors that lay on opposite sides of the room.

It didn't take her long to decided, as she walked to the door on the left side of her office; this one would be for when she did therapy sessions with the players and talked to them about their problems.

The room had a more relaxed theme than her office, with two plain couches in the middle with a fake fire on the wall.

She smiled as she ran her hand along one of the couches and moved to look out of the window, which looked out onto the car park.

Riley stood there for a moment, taking in the view before turning on her heel this time heading for the room to the right side of her office.

Stepping inside, she smiled as she looked around her final room; it had taken her just a little longer to graduate university as a therapist who could massage but it was worth it.

A knock on her main office door pulled her out of her thoughts, stepping back into the main office she composed herself.

"Come in," she called; as she sat down behind her new desk. Ashley Cole stepped into the room, he glanced around before his eyes focused on Riley, who looked at him with interest.

"I thought I'd be the first to welcome you to Chelsea Ms. Montez," he said nervously, he kept glancing around as if Richard was going to jump out and beat him. Riley smiled, she offered Ashley a seat which he took gratefully.

"You can call me Riley... my father's office is several floors away, so don't look so worried," she said as watched Ashley with interest; she had always had a gift for picking out things that made people self-conscious.

Ashley nodded as he relaxed slightly.

"So what can I do for you?" Riley asked him, biting his lip he thought for a moment; he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Your father mentioned that we had to take part in one-to-one therapy session," he said making Riley nod as she pulled out a calendar.

The brunette was a little surprised that he had come willingly to see her, she guessed that he had a lot that he wanted to get off his chest.

"We could set up your weekly appointment now," she said making him nod; Riley had thought that Ashley would have been one of the more difficult ones.

After scheduling Ashley in for a Tuesday appointment, he quickly left; Riley had to admit she was looking forward to listening to some of the boys talk, she was well aware of some news stories that surrounded the team.

Riley spun around in her chair, she couldn't help but think she was finally doing something worth her degree; biting her lip, she stopped spinning, she now have to find something for Aiden to do while he was in her office.

She couldn't afford a nanny and Erica couldn't watch him every day since she couldn't leave him with her mother.