I was truly falling for a faceless stranger. A faceless stranger with four siblings and parents who only started being a part of his life once he could live alone. Parents who only realized their mistakes when those mistakes could no longer be reversed or fixed. I cried when he first told me and what broke my heart was the emotionless way that he had revealed the information to me, offhandedly like we were talking about the weather.

I sighed heavily from my spot in the library. Thinking about him nowadays always did this, I either became extremely happy or painfully moody. 

"You're thinking about them again aren't you." I looked up to find Nick shaking his head oddly.

"What?" I heard what he said but at the same time I didn't so I asked anyway. Nick scoffed and gestured to me. 

"You always get like this when you think about them, whoever this person is they have got you whipped man." Nick explained, shrugging unapologetically. I gaped at him but he just laughed in my face.

"What, I'm not . . . nobody has me whipped Nick." I told him firmly, crossing my arms. Nick nodded his head but his sarcastic 'sure' was so fake I knew that the point was poorly received. 

Nick and I only knew each other for a short amount of time but it seemed like the sneeky little guy had started to read me like an open book. It was getting annoying trying to keep things from him and he made it his business to bud his nose into my business. Yet I was somehow still hanging out with him.

Now way would I tell him any of that though, the guy would read right through those words and find even more meanings that I didn't even know were true!

"Anyway, have you gone over the points that you needed to study yet? I want to get back so we can watch a movie in the den." I started putting away my books as I asked Nick but he shook his head. I was changing the subject, hoping to get him to drop it. Seems like it was working.

"No, I'm almost done but I still need a little bit more time." He told me. I slouched back into my seat and opted for going to watch a few YouTube videos while I waited. "And are you sure that you can watch a movie? Those guys can get possessive over that TV." I could see why Nick would be worried but I knew the guys too and I had it covered.

"I called ahead to get some help, don't worry it will be clear when they have to leave." I assured him, grinning a little against my better judgment.

Nick now looked suspicious but I didn't let on that anything could possibly be wrong and stuffed in my earbuds to play my video.

Tal read some fan-fiction about himself again and I cringed as his friends continually joked about it. I was too innocent to watch it without blushing every three seconds yet I still watched Reaction Time constanly. I was able to watch a few more videos and finally Nick finished studying.

"Done!" He grinned before he winced once he remembered where he sat. I snickered quietly from his embarrassment and started packing up. "Fudge . . ."

He got his stuff packed away in record time and were soon leaving the library. We were so focused on our conversation that we did not notice the man walking up to us.

"God morning Mr. Davidsson, Mr. Teranova." A voice greeted us with shockingly good pronunciation. We both snapped our heads towards the voice and were surprised to find Mr. McCain standing in front of us.

"Mr. McCain! Good afternoon. What are you doing in the library?" Nick asked, recovering from his shock must faster than I was able to. Mr. McCain -the famous one's brother- held up the book in his hand to a now sheepish Nick.

"Well I had borrowed a book earlier so I thought returning it would be a good course of action once I was done." He explained humorously. I found myself unconsciously relaxing around our teacher and genuinely smiled.

Calfuray Academy (ManxMan) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें