Part Two

He was about as nervous as he could be. Having never played a live show with the Rollers before, he was petrified that their old fans would reject him. His hands shook as he prepared to go out.
"Just relax, bud. Show 'em what ya got," Eric coached, before racing onto the stage.
He took a deep breath, then followed his bandmate. He grabbed his guitar, slinging the strap over his shoulder as he looked down at the stage. He could see a few fans in the front row, one of whom was smiling directly up at him. He began to relax a little- maybe they would like him, after all. He gazed at the rest of the crowd- it wasn't massive, but it felt like it. Mustering up the few scraps of confidence he had left, he wasted no time in beginning his first song.

I was immediately impressed. First of all, he sounded remarkably like John Lennon. As if his voice wasn't dreamy enough, he had the body of a statue. I could have mistaken him for a sculpture of a Greek god if it wasn't for his energy- which, by the way, was spectacular. Once they got going, I could see in his eyes how much fun he was having. After the first song, the guitarist- Eric, the chubby one- got the ball rolling by introducing the Adonis standing center stage.
"It's great to be back out here," he gasped, already out of breath- as if it wasn't already hard to understand his thick Scottish accent. "That one is off our new album. They let us write it this time." He grinned. "I'd like to introduce you to a special someone...he's only been with us for a short time, but I have the feeling you'll really dig him. Ladies and gentlemen...Duncan Faure." He gestured towards Angel-Face, who blushed and bowed.
Duncan grabbed his own mic, adjusting it.
"I really hope you have a good time tonight, it's my first live gig with these cheeky bastards," he grinned.
My heart raced. He didn't sound Scottish...in fact, I couldn't place his accent, but he had such a sweet, soft speaking voice that I could barely believe my eyes and ears. I held on tightly to every word that he uttered.

As he spoke to the crowd, Duncan began to relax more. They sounded happy, and so far, the band was on point. He glanced back down at the stage, and caught the eye of that girl from earlier. He hadn't noticed what she looked like before, only that she seemed to be happy. But this time, he noticed that she was young, roughly his age, and attractive. With a blissful smile on her face, he couldn't help but smile back as he looked at the set list to remember what song was next.

Emma nudged me.
"I don't recognize any of the songs they're playing," she whispered. "But they sound amazing!"
I nodded.
"I love them!"
"I almost like him better than Les," Emma giggled.
"I don't know a thing about Les, but he can't hold a candle to this guy. This...Duncan," I sighed, gazing at him again.

He overheard the conversation of the ladies in front of him...could it be true? They really liked him? From what he could deduce from the two, one was already a fan of the band, and the one that had been checking him out was relatively new to the Rollers. He was glad they both liked him...it meant a lot that he had a new fan, and had won over some of the old ones.

When it was all over, I was absolutely beside myself. I was fascinated by Duncan, and I was absolutely in love with their music. As they crowded together onstage to say goodbye, I noticed Duncan make eye contact with me yet again. Every time, my heart still skipped a beat with excitement. He bent down to my level, and almost instinctively, I reached out for him. He took my hand and gave it a kiss. I screamed, unable to contain my joy. Over the roar of the crowd, it wasn't very loud, but it made him chuckle as he stood up and joined hands with the other Rollers to take a bow.
Emma grabbed my arm.
"Come on, we need to hurry if we wanna make it backstage!" She practically dragged me away from the stage.

Duncan stood upright again, fresh off the group bow. He glanced instinctively at the spot where the one fan was standing...and noticed that she-and her friend- had vanished. He sighed, disappointed. He didn't know where they had run off to, but he knew the odds were probably slim that he would see them again.