The New Bonds

Magsimula sa umpisa

Avantika relaxed and smiled caressing the mare. Mahendra too caressed the animal irritating Dheera and making him nudge Mahendra who chuckled and caressed him too.

Then Devasena saw another mare who stood there looking at everything with fear filled eyes. Devasena went there and tried touching the mare who moved back. Devasena looked into the eyes of the grey mare. She saw so much of pain there. Keeping the eye contact, Devasena touched the mare's nose who moved close to Devasena and kept her head on his shoulder.

"Haww! How did this happen?"

Devasena turned to see a beautiful girl in white with her head covered in her oni. Her smile was so heartening. Devasena too smiled.

"We just understood each other"

Devasena replied as she caressed the mare and turned to the girl.

"And is this your mare?"

"No! I just rescued her from a very bad trader who was torturing this 8 year old kid."

She said as she tried to touch the mare. Usually, the mare who used to back away in the beginning, today let her touch. Her eyes widened as she turned to Devasena.

"She just feels protected here"

Devasena said. At that moment Sultan came galloping to Saira and stood beside Saira like pillar of support. The girl smiled.

"Usually only when Sultan is beside, Saira stays calm and vice versa"

Devasena smiled as she saw her husband nearing the brown stallion and whispering something in his ears. The stallion snorted and nudged Amarendra once making him chuckle and making the girl's jaws drop to the floor.

"This is..! Sultan is absolutely uncontrollable. And he.."

"My husband has his way around uncontrollables! And some bonds cannot be explained."

Devasena said as she looked at Saira who joined her head with Devasena's. She felt the same connection she had earlier with Veera. No one can replace Veera in her heart. But she felt herself being pulled by this grey mare.

"Sultan was also rescued?"

Amarendra asked chuckling as Sultan kept nudging him.

"No! His master was rescued"

Came Aslam's voice from behind Amarendra. The girl's eyes immediately searched for him who came out of his hide. Devasena and Amarendra looked at each other smile as they saw the girl's face light up and also saw Aslam's eyes catching a light. Devasena went to her husband and held his hand. Amarendra smiled feeling her touch as they both saw the new jodi.

"Khan saab"

She ran to Aslam holding her long flowing tunic not minding the oni slipping from her head. She stood in front of him looking at him. He slowly put the oni on her head and she smiled.

"How are you?"

"Was fine till this moment."

He replied making her giggle.

"Really? Then why do I see you all thin and going like one of those palm trees in Gaziya?"

"You were not there to stuff food into my mouth right? So I am eating that is well enough for me and I am looking well"

She laughed.

"Khan saab.. You do look well. After all, you have found your Ammi and Abbu."