Love Happens

Chapter 1

Moving Day

My arms hurt so bad from loading all of these boxes on to the moving van. I don't want to leave my best friend, Eva. But, I can't wait to leave my rude boyfriend, Will. Dating him has made me not want to date again. He lashes out at me for no reason and calls me things no guy should ever call a girl, none the less their girlfriend. Eva is the one and only reason I want to stay here in Atlanta. Not having her advice and support when I move to Charlotte is scary to imagine, and I don't know how I'll find as good of a friend as her. Today as I am loading all of the boxes from my room, Eva is nonstop ranting to me about her "love" for Cameron Dallas. I, on the other hand, am trying to tell her that he's not THAT great, but she won't listen. 

Eva and I start talking about Will and me and what we're going to do, now that I am moving.

"Blake, you shouldn't worry about leaving Will. He's terrible to you and you need to get away and be happy. You can't stay with him forever in fear of leaving," Eva said.

"Yeah, I know, but he'll just lash out at me when I tell him about moving!"

"You seriously haven't told him yet?" Eva asked.

I am so dreading telling Will about moving. We are leaving in 2 hours and I know I should tell him, but I can't. I don't have the courage. I am already having a bad enough day. But, eventually, I finally found the courage to text him.

Blake: "I need to talk to you." 

Will: "What's up, babe?"

Blake: "Can you come over right now? It's really important."

Will: "Sure, I'll be there in a few."

Blake: "Ok"

I don't think I've ever been more nervous to tell him something, and I'm always nervous to tell him anything. Finally, he pulls up in my driveway in his gray Audi and I run outside quickly. He hugs me tighter than comfortable. 

"So, what'd you need to tell me?" He asks

"Well..." I say hesitantly, "I know it's a little late to tell you this... But, I'm kind of moving in an hour and a half..."

"WHY WOULDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS SOONER, BLAKE?! You are so inconsiderate and selfish! What am I supposed to do!? I LOVE YOU! Don't you realize that?! You don't even fucking care about me."

I could feel his anger towards me. I could tell that he was holding back from pushing me down. All I could do was stand there and lie and tell him I love him, too. Eventually, he calmed down and we decided it would be best to end things, and not even try long distance. He, was genuinely mad. I was so relieved for myself.