***

It was Saturday. Everyone wanted to see the championships, only she was not allowed to come along. It was almost nine o'clock, at a quarter past she had to be at the ice hall. The worn out shoes in hand, she hurried along the streets and sneaked into the back door. The registration office was located close to the changing rooms, she quickly squeezed through the crowd to get therr. She gave her name, her presence was checked off as confirmed and she went to change clothes. The light blue jersey dress flew around her body pleasantly and gave her a feeling of safety. Soon she would fly over the ice along to Indilas SOS and feel free like she never did before. She could already imagine the angry looks of her aunt and uncle right in Front of her eyes, when her name would be announced. She left the locker room and stood on the rubber mats behind the balustrade . A hand touched her shoulder as if by accident. Her head snapped around and her eyes saw Willi. A smile came to her lips. "Good luck, El." He smiled, it was one of this special kind that you only saw very rarely. "Thank you." She got called up, stepped out into the light of the spotlight and made a slight curtsey. The piano was vibrating under the keystrokes, each tone showed her where the pieces of her body belonged to build a perfect unit. A jump, split, silent landing. Pirouette, jump, crouch, turn. Run-up, jump and stretch, salto, continue. She came closer and closer to the instrument made of glass and the next moment, she flew over it. The landing wasn't audible like always, she spun in circles, made the most difficult figures of her age group. As the last note died away, she stood silently in the center of the ice and curtsied again. Applause, clapping, whistling, everything blurred, she only remarked the blonde figure at the piano. In a normal pace, she glided across the ice to the boards and let the next girl, a little French, pass. But now it was her turn to wait until everyone had shown their best. She circled the ice and sat down on the empty piano bench. After the freestyle of the French, Willi came back, surprised he glanced at her. "You're perfect." No, I'm not! A smile curved her lips instead. He sat down to her left and put his fingers on the keys. "Let's go!" His fingers touched the keyboard hardly while he let Mozart's Night Music out.

~

She practically raced towards him, crouched down and jumped ober the reverberating part of the piano. His fingers kept performing on their dance on the black and white keys, she continued dancing with the air.

The girl afterwards was not half as gifted as Ellie. When he returned to the piano, she sat on the piano bench and looked at him. "You're perfect." Was all he said. She smiled. "Let's go!" He said, letting the Night Music resound. Her presence calmed him, he felt like home for the first time in months. This girl was just wonderful. Her brown hair fell down in slight waves to her waist, in the indefinable color of her eyes was satisfaction. She obviously felt comfortable with him. When the last notes had died away, she clung to him again, like the night when they had first met. "Stay with me ..." she asked almost pleadingly. His arm wrapped around her fragile form. "I'll stay with you as long as you stay with me." An almost imperceptible nod made her tremble. She was like a porcelain figure in his arms. Without being aware of this, he lowered his head and placed his lips gently on her hair. "Get some rest, El," he whispered into her hair. A little later her breathing had slowed down and her eyelids fallen too.

~

Someone shook her awake. "El,  it's time now! Ceremony! "That was the key for her. At a stroke, she was wide awake and saw him at her side. "Already?" She stretched, the piano bench was not exactly the most convenient place for a restful sleep. From the speakers, the voice of the Chairman of the German youth organization for figure skating snarled. First, the youngest were in for it, the 10 - to 14-year-olds. Finally, the participants in the category 15 + came to turn. The third place went to the French girl who had run after her. Silver was given a 17-year-old from Hanover. In this category this year, only four participants were, however, been reported, which meant it was all or nothing.

~

Next to him, she trembled, the dices could fall any moment. For a moment, he heard nothing but her upbeat breath. Then his ear almost exploded because she was freaking out because of joy. Victory! In the exuberance he pressed the appropriate button on the sound board and kissed her.

***

The gold medal was stuck coolly between them as she lay in his arms. Her breath smelled of the alcohol in the champagne and her skin radiated the sweet, fruity smell of Bench. Sweat glued the sheets on her body and he wrapped his arm around this delicate creature.

~

Finally free from all bonds, she lay in his arms, breathing deeply the faint smell of a manly perfume. His presence was incredibly relaxing, he radiated calmness "El" - "Hmm?" - "Today is your big day. It is the Olympics."His words tore now finally out of her slumber state. It was everything today.

***

Gold. Gold! GOLD! She could hardly believe her luck. It was like a dream, the world was perfect. He kissed her until she almost choked on his love and gasped for air. From the corner of her eye she saw her aunt come over to her, she looked somehow old. "Forgive me, Ellie." Astonished, she looked at her. Had she really just said 'Ellie'? „Accepted. But would you please stay away from my life. I'm finally happy again." Her voice almost cracked at the end. With tears in her eyes she now walked away. He kissed her again and wiped off her tears that had unconsciously left her eye. "I love you, Ellie," he breathed against her cheek. "I love you too, Willi," she whispered just as softly into his sweater.