I walked downstairs once more, and mom gasped when she saw me.

"Oh look at my daughter. You look great dear. Dustin won't be able to keep his eyes off of you!" she said and I blushed.

"Mom," I whined, but I didn't really care.

"What shoes are you going to wear though?" she asked, and I shrugged.

"My Converse," I replied, sitting down to put them on.

"You can't wear those dirty things to the dance!" my sister exclaimed in horror.

"Wendy it's fine. If your sister wants to wear her converse she can," my mom told my sister.

"Ugh," my sister huffed as she walked up the stairs.

"I almost forgot!" my mom yelled brushing some lip gloss on my mouth. It smelled and tasted like chocolate covered strawberries.

"Thanks mom," I chirped happily. "Thanks for helping me get ready. I don't know what I would do without you."

"You're welcome. I always want to help my daughters!" my mom replied. "Oh! Can I get a few photos before you go get El?"

"Sure," I said smiling as she snapped some photos with her camera.

"Aw, my baby is growing up," my mom gushed, wiping tears from her eyes.

"No mom! Don't cry," I said squeezing her hand.

After a few minutes she said, "I'm okay. Now go grab El, and have fun at the dance. Give me all the juicy details when you get back."

I kissed her on the cheek and grabbed my bike, ready to pick up El. I didn't exactly trust Hopper to help El get ready. Heck, the guy could barely take care of himself, much less help a middle school girl get ready for a dance!

When I got to El's house, I could see some lights on, so I knocked on the door with the secret code.

"Hopper!" I called, and he opened the door.

"Molly! Thank goodness you're here! I'm going to need some help," he said, ushering me inside.

"What do you need help with?" I asked politely, hanging my jacket on a hook by the door.

"Well, you see, I've never had to deal with a middle school girl and dances before," Hopper explained.

"It can't be that bad," I started to say. "I'm sure El looks." I never finished my sentence because El walked out, and to put it nicely, she looked like a clown. Hopper was right, he did need help.

"Hopper, how is this pretty?" El asked, and Hopper looked at his feet.

"Look kid, I'm not good at this sorta stuff, so Molly's going to help you, okay?" Hopper explained and El nodded. We walked into El's room to see a few dresses laid out on the bed. They were clearly old and a size too big for El.

"You look pretty," El said, and I blushed.

"Thanks El. That means a lot," I told her. "Alright let's make you pretty now." El nodded and I set to work.

I brushed El's hair, pinning some of it back, with the hair clips Hopper had found. I tried to pin this one curl back, but it wouldn't stay, so I just left it.

I found this one dress that was blue with pink polka dots that seemed like it would fit El. I told her to change into it, and she did. The sleeves fit nicely around her arms and the skirt was a good length. It didn't fit too nicely around the waist though, so I took at pink belt Hopper had found, and cinched the fabric at her waist. I gave her some flats to put on. She looked very pretty.