Character Notes And Breakdowns

Start from the beginning

Suzuno Kamazuki or Crestia Bell. She is seen wearing a midnight blue kimono for most of the anime and manga. With a hairstyle being a side ponytail that is held by the flower clip which is actually her weapon of choice. Once she takes off the hair clip, it transforms into a giant mallet. She has a deadpan tone of voice for those who haven't seen the anime. Despite having a deadpan voice and sounding serious all the time, she's has been seen shouting and expressing emotions in the anime and manga. In chapter 17, she calls herself 'pure' when talking to Emi but she can also be seen as brutally honest. Why do I ship her with Urushihara? The main reason why I ship them together is because she is part of the church of Ente Isla and he was an archangel. In reality, this will raise some conflict but how I picture it is that she falls for him and she tells herself that she can't fall in love with him because he is now a demon. However, she also tells herself that since he was an Angel, he could be reinstated to become an angel again. BUT that's how I see their relationship if it ever goes that way. And, the fact that Urushihara is good with technology and Suzuno isn't, I can picture him trying to teach her how to use stuff and it'll be all cute and stuff.

Emi Yusa or Emilia Justina. We've already seen what she looks like and what she sounds like in the anime. Of course, I ship her with Maou. She's a Tsundere, a person who tends to be hostile to someone they like. In the anime, the last scene of the final episode when she gave Maou an umbrella, she's seen blushing and twisting the umbrella. The manga does explore their ship even more and due to Alas Ramus being added to the cast, it has made their ship even stronger. Throughout the manga, it has been teased that Emi has feelings for Maou.

Maou Sadao or Satan. The main protagonist, everything about him you should know if you've seen the anime. In the anime and manga, it shows that he doesn't really like Emi all that much. However, due to Alas Ramus playing a big part of his life of becoming a father. He tells Emi that when they're taking care of Alas Ramus, there's no Devil king or Hero. This part is seen in chapter 49.6. In this story, he's going to be clueless about these feelings that Emi has for him. But, he's not going to be as clueless as Ashiya.

Speaking of the devil (get it?), Shirō Ashiya or Shirou Ashiya or Alciel. In this story, he is going to be completely clueless when it comes to human feelings. Yep, he's going to be that kind of guy, he's going to be painfully clueless about the feelings Rika has for him. Despite the fact that she has an obvious crush on him, he's going to be dense and oblivious to her feelings, much like the devil king himself. This isn't even made up, in the manga he's so fucking dense to her affections to the point that it's so painful, but 'I thrive on that awkwardness' – Chiaki Uchimura from Tsurezure Children. According to the hataraku.wikia, Ashiya only sees Rika as a friend who he can ask for advice.

Hanzō Urushihara or Hanzou Urushihara or Lucifer. He's a complete NEET, Not in Education, Employment or Training, and a Shut-In. In the anime, he has been seen on his laptop that is placed on a table in the living room and he sleeps in sugiya boxes. But in chapter 29, it's shown that he now sleeps in the closet with his laptop, a fan and a drawer or small shelf but then in chapter 48, he's set up on the 6-tatami floor again but in chapter 49.5, he's set up in the closet. I'm under the assumption that he alternates between the closet and the 6-tatami floor. The reason why I ship him with Suzuno is already explained so I'm not going to go over it again. In the anime, he's seen to have Black wings when he is filled by demonic powers but in chapter 42, he's seen to have white wings, this means he was filled with holy force. It's explained in chapter 44, that he can use Holy Magic because he's half-angel and he's been eating Suzuno's food daily which had holy force imbued into it. Despite the fact that he's a shut-in, he can also prove that he's intelligent. His intelligence is proven in Chapter 43 when he was talking about Olba with Emi. Also, in chapter 48, when talking to Gabriel, an archangel, he was able to outsmart him. In the anime (forgot which episode), he was able to deceive Olba and pretend to work for him. In chapter 28, he was the only one to realise that Alas Ramus called Maou as Satan. Due to his intelligence, in this story, he's going to be completely aware that Suzuno has feelings for him. In the anime, episode 8, he says that Maou was unaware of Chiho's feelings, this proves that he does understand affection, unlike Maou and Ashiya. He's going to be aware that the other girls have feelings for the other guys as well, he's basically going to cringe at their denseness much like we will.

Why isn't Chiho in this? Well, Chiho will appear in the story every now and then, she will be a side character or a supporting character. The reason why I didn't include her and ship her with anyone is that I don't know how to write a love triangle. I like her character in the anime and manga, from her personality and her Personality to the way she gets jealous and overthinks things and jumps to conclusions. She's a good character through and through but the Maou x Emi ship has a lot more weight behind it. Chiho, however, doesn't have weight behind her... because it's in front of her. (I'm the only virgin in my family).

In the Manga and anime, each character says everyone's name differently so here's a reference;

Maou to;

Alciel as Ashiya

Lucifer as Urushihara

Emilia as Emi or Emilia (Seen in chapter 28)

Suzuno as Suzuno

Rika as Suzuki-San (Seen in chapter 49)

Chiho as Chi-Chan

Alciel to;

Maou as My Liege or Your Demonic Highness or sometimes Maou-Sama (Seen in chapter 19)

Lucifer as Urushihara

Emilia as Emilia or Yusa (Seen in chapter 19)

Suzuno as Bell or Crestia Bell (Seen in Chapter 24) or Kamazuki-san (Seen in chapter 19) or Suzuno Kamazuki or just Kamazuki (Seen in chapter 49 but this is most likely because they were in public)

Rika as Suzuki-san (Seen in chapter 30)

Chiho as Sasaki-san

Lucifer to;

Maou as Maou

Alciel as Ashiya

Emilia as Emilia or Yusa (Seen in chapter 16)

Suzuno as Suzukino-chan (Seen in chapter 16 but the translation seems a bit dodgy) or Bell (Seen in chapter 44)

Rika as probably Rika or Suzuki (No interaction between the two yet)

Chiho as probably Chiho (I've scanned through the manga but haven't found much interaction between the two)

Emi to;

Maou as Maou or Devil King (Seen in chapter 35)

Alciel as Ashiya or Alciel (Seen in chapter 34)

Lucifer as Urushihara or Lucifer (Seen in chapter 26)

Suzuno as Suzuno or Bell (Seen in chapter 28)

Rika as Rika

Chiho as Chiho or Chiho-chan (Seen in chapter 40)

Rika to;

Maou as Maou or Maou-san (Seen in chapter 19)

Alciel as Ashiya or Ashiya-san (Seen in chapter 31)

Lucifer as probably Urushihara or Urushihara-san (no interaction between the two)

Emilia as Emi or Yusa (Seen in chapter 30)

Suzuno as Suzuno-chan (Seen in chapter 19)

Chiho as Chiho or Chiho-chan (Seen in chapter 30)

Suzuno to;

Maou as Maou or Devil King (Seen in chapter 25) or Sadao-Dono (Seen in chapter 40)

Alciel as Alciel

Lucifer as Lucifer or Urushihara (Seen in Chapter 26) or Urushihara-san (Seen in episode 13)

Emilia as Emi or Emilia (Seen in chapter 29)

Rika as Rika-Dono (Seen in chapter 49) (This is the only time I see her calling Rika by a name)

Chiho as Chiho-Dono