Chapter 2: The assignment

Hermione's POV

The day flew by so quickly that the next thing I knew, it was morning. Again, I found myself asleep on the small study table again. I took a shower, did my hair and got dressed.

I went down for breakfast and sat beside Harry and in front of Ron. I couldn't bare to look at him in the face. What'd he see in Lavender? She's a obsessed freak who won't leave him alone. Breakfast was very awkward, so I left early. I wanted to go out and get some fresh air, so I went outside.

I saunter through a natural avenue of trees, it is shady, dark and cool almost cold. As I come to the end of the trees it opens up into a lake. The air is warmer, the sounds of insects are almost too loud— the lake. It seems like a black void, the sun bouncing off its surface. It was the perfect place to be alone. I often come here every single day to compensate about my day, but mostly bad days. Moreover, those are the kind of days I have almost everyday now. No one comes and asks me what's wrong. All they do is come to me for homework help and not even bother. Thinking about it made me start tearing up. I don't like it when people see me cry but no one is there to see me anyway. I was crying for 20 minutes straight. My face was red and covered with tears. I was hugging my knees and rested my head on it.

My vision started to get really blurry but I could see a tall man-figured coming towards me.

Draco's POV

I was having a terrible day, even if it was just the start of the day. I decided to go to the bewitching lake, where I spend most of my time during the day when I had the time. It was a beautiful view, dazzling. Seeing the trees dancing due too the wind and feeling the wind against my skin calmed me down. As I was waking, I saw the mudblood Granger...CRYING?! What was she doing in my spot? I approached her slowly and I guess she saw me and started to get up and walk away before I could even stop her. I was infuriated- how are she take MY spot? That mudblood. However, I did feel slightly bad for her. She seems to be in a pretty bad state.

*skips to potion class*

Hermione's POV:

     "All right class, today I will assign you guys with a huge Potions assignment. It will affect 25% of your grade. I am going to assign you with your pairs and you have to be with them, NO EXCUSES!" Professor Slughorn said. Seems to be in a bad mood it seems. "You have to make an Amortentia and the Felix Felicis, also known as Liquid Luck. I am aware that it takes 6 months to complete it, but you have to make a speed potion, which can be found in your textbook on page 670. "

             I wasn't paying attention to what Slughorn was saying since all of my thoughts were on the assignment. I had to get a good grade and partner since he was calling out names and who'd they pair up with. "At last, Malfoy and Granger, you'll both be pairs. Now sit next to each other, ALL OF YOU! NOW! ," and I came to realization...MALFOY AND I, TOGETHER?! No, it can't be! I'm going to fail this assignment and he's just going to sit and constantly call me a mudblood. Ugh! I looked to the far left corner and saw Draco looking at me in disgust. As much as I didn't want to be near him, I knew that he wasn't going to come here and thus, I grabbed my belongings and sat beside him, unwillingly.

Draco's POV

I was in aghast when I heard that I was going to be paired up with that filthy mudblood. Yes, I teaser her a few days ago but it was only just for fun since I was bored, but I hate her. (A/N: or NOT...😏) I know she's is going to make big fuss about this stupid, useless project. I swear- she's so drudging.

I saw her heading to me, assuming she has to sit beside me. We sat there in silence together until the mudblood coughed and said "You know we can't keep on staying silent. We have two weeks to complete this and it's worth 25% of your grade! DRAC- I mean MALFOY!"
"WHAT?! Yes I know it's worth 25% of our grade, I'm not deaf! So just do whatever you want!" I replied with frustration but careful since I didn't want the whole class to hear our conversation. Hermione said, "You know I can't do this all alone! I'm overwhelmed with a lot of studying and work to be done. Why can't you just show a bit of sympathy? You're just as heartless as your father!" My face turned cold, how dare she?! "I- I'm- I'm so sorry, I'm really sorry," she said on the verge of crying and ran out of class, forgetting one of her book. A diary"

   (A/N: Hey guys, it's Niki! I'm sorry for the long ass chapter, I don't know what got into me but I just kept on writing and writing. Also, I know it seems pretty boring right now, but this is just the start. It will get better, I promise. Ok PEACE ✌🏿)