Chapter 1: Until one day...

Happy New Year everyone! You'll be happy to know I got some new stories I'm planning to write this year and update the currant ones too, you may rest assured

I always loved the Disney version of the Prince and the Pauper and thought I might add a few more characters to the story that didn't to star in the film, including some from other Disney films as extras to the story.

(c) I don't own Disney or the characters

***********

The sound of thunder from the window woke a small girl from her sleep, she screamed in terror and dived under the bed clothes to block out the loud boom.

The poor scared girl started to cry and wished desperately for the terrible noise to stop, then someone came into her room.

She felt herself being picked up by someone who smelt of sandalwood; a boy she doesn't remember who it was, sat on her bed and picked her up gently and held her safely in his arms.

"It's all right, there no need to be scared," the boy gently comfort her, "the storm's outside it won't harm you, don't worry I'll protect you."

And he began to sing to her a soft lullaby that made her stop crying.

She snuggled into the stranger's warm arms as he continued his haunting lullaby.

The lullaby sounded so familiar and sweet yet she can't remember who sang it... then all of a sudden, she felt something licking her nose.

**********

The first thing that Mary Mouse sees when she woke up was a black and white kitten with yellow eyes and a small pink nose, licking her nose and gave a cute meow as if to say good morning.

"Figaro," Mary was startled by her cat; who woke her from her dream and she heard someone giggling at her predicament.

Figaro hopped of the bed as Mary rose from her straw and ragged bed and rubbed her eyes to get rid of the tiredness. And look up to see who it was that giggled.

"Oh good morning, Minnie," She greeted her sister; who laid her clothes at the end of her bed.

Minnie Mouse was her older sister, she wore a poor peasant clothes in the colour of blue with a pale blue cloth on her head, with her round ears wrapped round the cloth.

"Sorry that Figaro woke you up from dreamland, Mary," Minnie apologised, "but it's about time we got up now, Clarabelle needs some help to feed the children their breakfast."

"Ok, Minnie," Mary answered.

Mary got dressed in her green peasant clothes and wrapped her pale green cloth around her head, minding her ears as she tied the knot in place.

And she went to her secret place where only she and Minnie know its location; which was the loose floor board where she kept her gold locket wrapped up in a piece of cloth, that she had ever since she was little.

Minnie help her tie the locket around her neck and went down the old staircase with Figaro follow them at their feet.

Both Minnie and Mary lived in an orphanage in London, owned by Clarabelle the cow; the caretaker of the orphanage.

At the end of the staircase, they spotted Clarabelle, along with her assistant, Ortensia the cat, cooking by the fireplace with a cauldron full of porridge, but there was a very small amount of the porridge and it will not be enough to feed all the children.