Chapter 22: Pinky Promise

Start from the beginning

"Damn you really kicking us out," said Darius. "Yeah. I shouldn't have let y'all in in the first place. That was a mistake," I teased.

"Oh. I see how it is," Mark said. "Kevin put you up to this didn't he?"

"I love y'all, but we already had plans. We can have a planned get together some other time." Evan sucked his teeth. "Man real friends don't plan get togethers. They just show up."

I chuckled. "Uh tonight we do," I said walking over to the door and opening it. "See y'all later." Mark, Evan, and Darius said their goodbyes and headed out.

Kevin came out into the living room with a grin on his face. "You kicked them out for me," he said picking me up. "Yeah. It was hard, but it had to be done," I said sarcastically. Kevin put me down. "Thank you baby. I appreciate it." I smiled and gave him a quick kiss. "You're welcome."

I headed back into the kitchen and grabbed the food. "Baby can you get the movie," I called out. "Yeah," Kevin said as he went to the shelf to grab the DVD. I brought the food into the living room and sat it on the table. "I'm gonna go get the blankets," I said to Kevin as I ran back to the linen closet. I grabbed two thick blankets and laid them out on the living room floor. Kevin set the TV up and popped in the DVD. He grabbed the food and spread it out on the blanket. "Oh baby. One more thing," Kevin said stopping me before I could sit down. "Can you get the napkins and grab the juice out of the fridge please." I said yes and ran into the kitchen. I came back out with everything we needed and handed Kevin a bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos. He was so excited.

"Aw babe! You bought me my favorite!"

"Mmhm," I grinned.

"Thank you!" 

"You're welcome," I said as I sat everything else down on the floor in front of him.

Kevin wrapped his arms around the back of my knees and pulled me down. I shrieked as I landed into his lap. Kevin laughed and kissed me on the cheek. "You know I got you," he crooned in my ear.

After the previews were finished, Kevin pressed play. We delved into our food as the movie began.
..
After two hours the credits were rolling and the food was just about gone. I stood up from the floor and started grabbing whatever my arms could carry. I headed into the kitchen. Kevin got up and helped me.

"I'm glad it was just you and me tonight," Kevin said leaning his back against the counter. "We've been hanging out in a group for almost two months straight. We've barely done our couple thing, ya know? I've missed this."

I shut the refrigerator door and faced Kevin. "You know what? I didn't even realize that our dating life was on hold until you said that. That's so bad," I groaned. "We need to plan more date nights; get out more."

"Hey. That's all I'm saying. Let's pick at least one day out of the week to spend time together. No friends. No electronics. Just us. What do you say? We have a deal?" Kevin held out his hand. I took his hand in mine. "Deal." Kevin grinned and pulled me closer to him. "But first, let's finish the date night we had planned."

I stroked the top of his head and kissed him softly on the lips. "Okay," I grinned, "but first I'm gonna get in the shower."

"Aight babe," Kevin said letting me go. I stood in the kitchen doorway and looked over my shoulder. "You coming?"

Kevin grinned and chased me into the bedroom. He pushed me back onto the bed and fell on top of me. "You are so silly," I squealed as he buried his face into the juncture of my jaw and neck.

I ran my fingers through his locs. "Imma give you a showercap to put on your head before you get in the shower."

Kevin scrunched up his face. "What? Woman I'm grown."