1 - First Day of School

"Anak! Stop running!" James said. Looking at his precious little princess running down the stairs wearing her favorite Finn and Jake PJs.

"Good morning to you too, dad. It's so early pero high blood ka na agad? Hahahaha. I love you dad" Her little princess teasing his dad as if she's not 4 years old.

"Just go sit and eat your breakfast, baby. Hurry up and magpeprepare ka pa. Remember it's your first day of school! So you better hurry and try not to be late." James said.

"Okay okay dad. Drink your coffee na din. And dad can you send me to school? Im scared kasi eh."

"You don't have to be scared, anak."

"What if my teacher doesn't like me? What if my classmates don't want to play with me? What if they don't want to be friends with me?" She looked at her dad. "Dad, can you be with me sa school?"

"Aww my baby" He held her hand. "...wag ka na matakot. They will like you. No. They'll love you, my princess. Don't worry too much okay? But for now, finish your breakfast." She smiled and continue to eat her breakfast. While James is still looking at her worried daughter.

*****

I'm a CEO of my own music label, Careless Music Manila, an actor, a singer and a father.

Samantha Alexis. My 4 year old daughter who changed my life. After she left me, us, Sammy became my life. At the age of 4, she loves taking pictures, loves singing and loves dancing. Like me... And like Nadine, her mother. They are so look-a-like. From her eyes, nose, lips, her walk and her attitude. Sobrang little Nadine.

"Sammy we're here. Good luck on your first day, baby" I kissed her on her head.

"No daddy. Come with me. Ihatid mo ako sa room ko. Please dad?"

"I have to go to the studio. They're waiting for me"

"Please dad? Don't be like her. Please daddy?" I looked at her she looks sad. "Look oh. Buti pa sila. They have parents that will be with them inside. Me, I only have a dad that don't want to be with me pa"

That hit me hard. 'Im sorry anak' I thought

"Okay baby. I'll just text your Bretito that i'll be late."

"Yehey! Thanks daddy!"

While walking to her classroom i noticed  that she's not happy Sammy.

"What's wrong? Where is happy Sammy?" I noticed that she's walking with her head down.

"Nothing dad. I just wished that she's here. She missed a lot of firsts. Sana di na lang niya tayo iniwan." She sighed. Sometimes im confused if she is really a 4 year old to think like that. She knows many things.

"Hey cheer up little one. Wag mo na siya isipin. You saw naman that she's happy right?" She looked at me. "Let's just be happy for her."

She knows who her mother is, what she do in life and what she did to us. Why would i lie about her mom? I grew up being honest and being real. So why lie to my daughter?

"No dad. She left us. She left me. Her daughter. Is she happy na iniwan niya tayo? Is she happy without me?" Tears are falling. Naaawa na ako sa anak ko. I don't want her to be like this.

"Look, Samantha, it's your first day of school. Don't think about her. If she's happy without us, then she's happy. We're happy din naman eh. And i love you. Everyone loves you. Your titas and titos loves you very much. If she don't need us then we don't need her. Okay? Get inside and wear your very best smile. I love you okay?" Then kissed her eyes, nose, cheeks, chin and lips. And I start to tickle her...