Part 2

Elyza
I wake up to my 6:15 alarm going off, I shut it off and then make my way to the kitchen to see my dad sitting at the table. There is no sign of the girl from last night.

"Good morning." My dad says.

"Morning. You missed our plans for dinner last night." I reply.

"Elyza, I'm sorry. I had a meeting." He lies.

"So when did meetings involve you bringing home a girl and fucking her while your daughter is home?" I ask.

"I was drunk, I'm sorry." He replies.

"Yeah whatever, I got to get ready for school." I say going to my room before he can say anything more.

I get changed, grab my phone and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair.

Once I'm done getting ready and I've checked my bag 3 times to make sure I have everything it's 7:30.

My bag:

My dad walks to my door way

My dad walks to my door way. "Ready?"

"Yup" I reply grabbing my bag and phone.  Dad adopted me at the end of the school year and I had already had finished schooling at the orphanage so I was set, so at least I'm not going into school when it has already started and maybe there will be some new students too.

The elevator trip is quiet which is good, I don't want to talk to him about this especially before school.

The ride to the school is quiet as well. When we pull up some people stare but I don't care.

I open up the door.

"Elyza" Dad says.

I look at him "what?"

"I'm sorry."

"I can't do this right now."

"Alright. I love you have a good day."

"I love you too." I say getting out of the car. Dad drives off and people stare at me. I keep my head down and make my way to the office.

"Good morning." The middle aged secretary lady greets me.

I look up. "Good morning. My name is Elyza Paul I walk told to come here first thing to get my schedule and locker information.

"Oh yes one second." She shuffles through the papers on the desk. "Here you go" She says smiling.

"Thank you."I reply heading out to my locker number 383.

I open my locker just to make sure I can. I don't think I need it today. I pull out my schedule my first class is English.

I begin walking around trying to find the room. I find the room just as the bell rings, I sit in the only empty seat. Everyone stairs at me. This will be interesting.

The teacher walks in. "Good Morning Class, I'm Mrs. Lee. Which most of you already know from last year." She says smiling.

She goes over the rules of the class like no phones, no drinks if we are using computers and all the basics.

"Alright but since we have some new faces this year how about we go around and introduce ourselves. Yes, I know very elementary school but whatever."

People start going around saying their first and last name and then it comes to me, I'm the last one. "Hi, I'm Elyza Paul."

"Wait you really are her?" A girl named Emily asks.

I nod my head.

"What's it like living with Logan?" A boy named Chris asks.

I think about this morning. Before I can reply Mrs. Lee speaks up.

"I'm sure you guys can ask her later, but now it's time to introduce our first book. For our sophomore year which would be Mice and Men." She begins talking about it. We will get the book next class.

When the bell rings I pull out my schedule to see what I have next, Physics.

I find the class in time. It goes by quickly.

Now it's time for lunch.

I get a slice of pizza from the lunch ladies and scan the cafeteria for a place to sit. I spot an empty table and take a seat.

"Anyone sitting here?" A really pretty girl asks.

"No"

She sits. "Good, now listen Elyza Paul, you may have that last name but you're not his daughter. None of us in the Logang like you. Why did you have to ruin everything? You're worthless. Just die." She whispers and gets up to leave.

Wow. Ouch.

I don't eat I just throw the paper tray with the pizza away.

U.S History and Geometry go by with glares and stares. People whisper about me, it's mostly hate.

It's finally time to leave. When I get outside Dad isn't there yet. I lean against the wall waiting. The girl from lunch comes up to me. "Where is he?"

"He's not hear yet."

"School got out 20 minutes ago he probably forgot about you I wouldn't blame him." She replies laughing and walking away.

10 minuets later Kade droves up to me. "Hey."

"Where's my dad?"

"Busy"

"Of course." I reply getting in the car.

"So how was your first day." He asks.

"Fine."

"You're lying."

"It was fine Kade."

"Elyz-"

"It's fine." I say as he pulls up to the apartment building. "Is he home?"

He shakes his head.

"Perfect." I reply getting out of the car and heading in to the building.