Chapter 24: Not Forgiving, Not Forgetting

Начните с самого начала

I stared at them, my mouth hanging wide open without anything to say.

Hanna tried to placate them but they were relentless. They kept asking questions, surrounding us closely like a hungry pack of wolves. We felt defenseless as the flashbulbs kept going off at our faces and I felt my knees getting weaker when a loud voice shouted over them.

“Excuse me! I don’t think Ms. Baron and Ms. Crest appreciate being hounded by you guys when they clearly just got back from a tiring shopping trip.”

The swarm of photographers parted and I breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

Robb walked in the circle and gathered a couple of bags from the floor, even taking a couple from my hands. As he looked up at me, he winked and smiled before turning back to the photographers.

As we were about to make our way into the building, they started firing questions left and right once more.

“Mr. Madden! Did you steal away Oliver Royce’s lady love?”

The one question that was louder than the rest.

Right, he’s a mini celebrity too. Just like my brother.

Robb stopped and turned to them. “Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.”

He smiled at them and ushered us into the safety of the apartment building.

Once we were inside, he handed the bags to a waiting attendant.

“Are you two okay? I hope the paparazzi didn’t scare you all that much.” Robb asked.

“Yeah, we’re fine. Thank you so much Robb. We owe you.” Hanna smiled sweetly at Robb before handing the remaining bags to another attendant.

“Yeah, Thank you for saving my ass again. This is another thing to add to the long list of embarrassing moments by Ava Baron.”

He chuckled to himself after my comment.

“I’ll leave you two.” Hanna walked off to the elevator.

“Hey Han!”

She turned to me with a concerned look on her face. She wasn’t comfortable with leaving me on my own right now. But she’d have to trust that I won’t do something extremely stupid.

“Thank you. I needed today.” I continued.

She nodded and got into the open elevator and went up to her apartment.

I turned back to Robb who had a comforting smile on his lips.

“Don’t mention it. It wasn’t embarrassing, Todd’s the paparazzi favorite so it’s not a surprise that you’re not used to this kind of attention.”

I pushed my hands into my pockets and sighed. “Yeah, I guess.”