chapter 20 - Blood Family

Start from the beginning

"Arm yourselves," Jonathan told the other men. 

The men followed Kaylin away from the carriage.

Only one man was standing guard over the carriage containing the vampires.

Damon hit him on the head, making him unconscious before he fell to the ground, grabbing the keys out of the man's pocket, unlocking the carriage.

Stefan stood next to him anxiously, looking in the direction Kaylin and the men had gone. "We don't have long." 

Damon opened the carriage, seeing Katherine and Cristian inside. "Katherine. Cristian." 

Damon and Stefan lifted Katherine out of the carriage, lying her on the ground, untying her, taking off the muzzle that covered her mouth.

Stefan turned toward Cristian in the carriage. "We're going to get you out of here." He looked at Damon for help to get Cristian. "Damon, help me. Hurry." 

Damon turned to help. 

Someone shot Damon in the chest, making him fall to the ground. 

Kaylin had been running closer, stopping in shock and horror, processing. "No! No, Damon." 

Kaylin ran closer. 

The man that had shot Damon lowered his bayonet gun, meaning the gun had a spear attached to its barrel. 

Stefan knelt next to Damon worriedly, in denial. 

Damon exhaled his last human breath, dying. 

"Damon," Kaylin told him. "Oh..." 

A horse neighed in the distance. 

Men ran toward them.

"I think we got one," one of them told the others. 

Stefan stood, running toward the guard's gun, picking it up to shoot. 

The same man who had shot Damon shot Stefan in the chest, making him fall to the ground. 

Kaylin reached her brothers' sides in despair and denial. "Stefan!" She knelt next to them, crying. Stefan exhaled his last human breath, dying. "Stefan! No!" 

-

Now 

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Cell 

Stefan was lying on the cot. 

Damon and Kaylin were in front of him now.

"Stefan," Kaylin told him. "Stefan. Stefan."

Stefan was too lost to answer.

-

Flashback 1 "The Night They Died" - 1864

Night - Woods 

The men continued to run toward them.

Katherine looked at Kaylin weakly. "Kaylin." 

Kaylin looked at Katherine, crying. "Katherine." 

"You'll see them again," Katherine told her. 

Kaylin looked at her in confusion. 

Two men took both of Kaylin's arms, pulling her away.