chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood

Start from the beginning

Pearl, Harper and Miss Gibbons walked away.

Anna and Cristian were left alone.

Cristian looked at Anna. "Anna, some of these vampires from the tomb want Mystic Falls back. Some want to kill everyone in it for revenge for the tomb. Some, like me, don't care. But are you sure this town can handle this?" 

"They'll have to," Anna told him. "Mama can try to keep them in control, but she can only do so much. We'll deal with what's to come."

Cristian nodded, turning toward the door that led inside the house to the tomb vampires just inside the walls, closing it. 

-~-

Day One

Morning - Tomb Vampires' House - Hallway 

Anna was walking down the stairs, looking at the woman from Town Square in the previous chapter. "Hey, Beth-Anne." Several of the tomb vampires were getting accustomed to the present-day styles. Anna walked into a side room where a TV was. "What are you guys watching? You guys have been watching the same thing the whole time? There are over one hundred and fifty channels. It's called a remote control. This button changes the channel. Hold it like this." 

Anna fixed the control, walking out of the room. 

-

Dining Room 

Cristian was standing in the room, completely dressed as a present-day teenage boy would wear. 

Anna walked closer. "Wow. Looking nice, Cris. I didn't even recognize you." 

Cristian smirked, looking forward.

Anna followed his gaze.

A vampire was sitting at a table, feeding from Miss Gibbons' wrist. 

Miss Gibbons had bite marks all over her body, taking her wrist away. "Did you get enough, sweetheart?" 

"For now," the vampire answered. 

"Cristian, are you hungry?" Miss Gibbons asked. "Did you want a little?" 

"No, thank you, Miss Gibbons," Cristian answered. "Why don't you lie down for a while and get some rest?" 

"She's fine," the vampire told him. Cristian looked at him coldly. The vampire returned the gaze. They obviously didn't like each other. The vampire looked up at Miss Gibbons, compelling her. "Aren't you, Miss Gibbons?" 

"Of course I am," Miss Gibbons answered, under compulsion. "I'm fine." 

Miss Gibbons walked out of the room.

Cristian and the vampire exchanged challenging looks.

Anna watched them cautiously from the door frame. 

The vampire looked smugly at Cristian.

Cristian glared at him.

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)