chapter 14 - Fool Me Once

Start from the beginning

Stefan slowly, carefully placed the book on the ground, reaching toward Nicola.

Alex and Elena stood back, watching with terror, wondering what was going to happen.

Damon looked as if he wasn't going to let Nicola go, slowly pulling his arm away from her.

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in the motel room, Kaylin and Anna were talking.

Anna looked at Kaylin. "So you help me, then."

"Anna, I want to help you free your mother and Cristian," Kaylin told her. "I swear, I do. But there are 25 other vampires in there that are starving and having a town that's responsible for getting them locked up at their disposal and every quenching thirst. So, unless you have got a way to just get out Cristian, Katherine and Pearl out, and only them, then we don't have a deal." 

"You were willing to work with Nicola, Stefan and Damon to get them out, Kaylin, willing to take that risk," Anna told her.

"I'm sorry, Anna," Kaylin told her, standing looking at Anna sympathetically. "I really am. But I can't help you." 

Kaylin walked toward the door.

Anna turned to face her. "I bet I can find the right circumstances to convince you to work with me, Kaylin. And Nicola, Stefan, and Damon." 

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in the kitchen of the Gilbert House, Jeremy, Jenna and Alex were talking in the kitchen.

Jeremy looked in the living room to where Liv was still playing her games. "Liv, where did she go?"

"She went to the bathroom," Liv answered.

"Where did who go?" Alex asked.

"Your brother has a friend over," Jenna told her.

"Anna," Jeremy elaborated. 

From 1.13 "Children of the Damned", in Alex/Elena's room, Alex walked into the room with the bottle of Aspirin. "Hey, Nicola, got the Aspirin for you..." She stopped walking, looking around the room in confusion. "Guys?" Elena and Nicola had disappeared. "Nicola? Elena?"

Alex looked around, realizing that she was the only one in the room, and that someone had taken them, instantly worried.

-~-

Day One

Morning - Another Motel 

In a different motel room from the one that Anna and Ben had resided in before, Elena and Nicola were both lying on the beds, asleep.

Ben was sleeping in the car closest to the door, sleeping.

Nicola groggily woke. She saw Ben sitting in the chair, remaining as quiet as possible, sitting up warily, looking around. She saw Elena on the bed next to her, looking toward Ben, carefully standing, stepping closer, shaking Elena's shoulder, waking her.

Elena looked around frantically, gasping, about to speak.

Nicola put a finger to her lips, pointing toward Ben.

Elena followed her gaze, looking at Nicola, nodding, mouthing her words. 'How do we get out of here?'

Nicola looked from Ben to the door, estimating if they could make it without waking him. She looked at Elena, nodding to the door.