chapter 12 - Unpleasantville

Start from the beginning

Campers Found Mauled

Two Local Girls Survive Deadly Animal Attack

Kacie looked away from the last article quickly. She pulled her attention away from the conversation, becoming overwhelmed, seeing flashes of memories of Damon tormenting her repeatedly. She blinked, looking away, in denial.

Kacie shook her head quickly, grabbing her bag and her note pad. "I gotta go."

Kacie stood, running toward the steps.

"Kacie," Liv told her. "Kace! Wait! Kacie!"

Kacie continued to run down the steps, around the curve, leaving. 

Anna looked guilty. "What did I do?"

Liv and Jeremy didn't answer, exchanging a look.

Anna noticed that Kacie had forgotten the Lockwood journal, slowly picking it up, examining it curiously. 

From 1.09 "History Repeating", in the Grill, Alaric and Jenna sat at the bar.

"Any sad relationship stories?" Jenna asked.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in flashback, Alaric was with his wife, lying with her in bed, kissing her forehead.

Alaric: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "Fell in love, married young..."

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in flashback, Alaric returned home to find Damon holding his wife's body in his arms, feeding from her.

Alaric: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "Wife died."

From 1.10 "The Turning Point", in Stefan's room, Stefan and Elena were in bed. Stefan held her in his arms.

"I've never been in your room before," Elena told him.

From 1.10 "The Turning Point", in Stefan's room, Elena stood, looking through everything, looking at the shelves of Stefan's journals. She smelled the scent of a nearby candle. She looked at the table next to it, stopping in horror. She was holding Katherine's picture, dropping it.

Elena: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "Who am I to you?"

Stefan: (voice over from 1.11 Bloodlines) "You are not Katherine."

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in Stefan's room, Elena and Stefan were sitting together.

  "Why do I look like her?" Elena asked. "Why does Alex look like her?"   

"You and Alex were adopted, Elena," Stefan told her.

Elena looked at him in disbelief and denial.

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", on the road, The vampire was standing in the middle of the road in front of Alex's car.

Alex noticed him a second too late, gasping, trying to stop the car. The car hit the vampire in the road, flipping over, rolling down the road.

Alex looked outside of the car.

The vampire snapped his bones back into place, healing, standing.

Alex was in shock, trying to break free. "Oh, my God."

The vampire stalked closer.

Alex screamed in terror.

The vampire rushed away.

Damon appeared in front of the car, kneeling next to the open window.

Alex gasped.