Imagine: Never Stopped Loving You

"Mommy. . .mommy wake up."
You open your eyes and see your 5 year old daughter smiling at you.
Your daughter (Y/D):"Happy Birthday!"
You:" aw thank you baby."
She slides under the covers next to you and gives you a kiss.
You:" what do you want to do today?"
Y/D:" it's your day mommy."
Your daughter was so selfless and mature even though she was only 5. you and Austin split up when she was 3 and she stayed with Austin every other week. You never really had actual conversations with Austin any more. You never knew what to talk about any more.
You:" you can pick what we do today."
Y/D:" can we see daddy?"
You seemed kind of shocked since it was your week with her.
You:" but you saw daddy last week."
Y/D:" but I miss daddy."
You:" he might be busy today."
Y/D:" can you call him and see? Why don't you like daddy"
You:" I do like daddy."
Y/D:" do you love daddy?"
You:" . . . yes."
Y/D:" then why don't you live in the same house?"
You thought of a way to explain everything to her. Basically, you and Austin got in an argument over something stupid and instead of fixing it, you both decided it would be better just to end it.
You:" let's just call daddy."

Austin's POV
Today was y/n's birthday. I barely talk to her any more. We broke up because of some stupid argument. I didn't think we'd break up, but I guess y/n wanted it that way. *phone rings* it's y/n. My heart starts beating faster. I answer the phone.
Austin:" hello?"
Y/D:" hi daddy!"
Austin:" hey baby girl. How are you?"
Y/D:" good. Can I come to your house?"
Austin:" sure what's wrong?"
That's weird. It was y/n's week this week. Something must've happened.
Y/D:" nothing. I miss you."
Austin:" I miss you too."
Y/D:" Can mommy come too?"
Austin:" mommy wants to come too?"
Y/D:" yes."
Austin:" oh. . . Well sure. Let me talk to mommy."
There was a long pause.
You:" hello?"
Just hearing y/n's voice gave me butterflies. I froze up and didn't really know what to say.

Your POV
Just hearing Austin's voice gave you butterflies.
Austin:". . . Oh um. Hey."
You:" hey."
Austin:" so I guess you're coming over."
You:" I guess I am."
There was a long pause. Neither of you knew what to say.
You:" well I guess I'll see you later."
Austin:" yeah ok."
You:" alright."
Austin:" bye."
You:" bye."
Austin:" bye. . . Again."
You both laugh.
You:" goodbye Austin."
You hang up the phone. Deep down you missed him, but after the break up he didn't seem interested in getting back together.
Y/D:" can we go see daddy now?"
You:" sure. Let's get dressed and then we'll go see daddy."
Y/D:" yay!!"

A little later you arrive at Austin's house. Your penthouse didn't compare to his huge mansion like house. Maybe that's why your daughter liked going to his house so much. Austin opens the door.
Y/D:" DADDY!"
She jumps into his arms.
Austin:" hey baby girl!"
He puts her down and she runs into the house. You and Austin stop and stare at each other for a while, admiring each other.
You:" hey."
Austin:" hey."
He puts his hands in his pockets and leans against the door frame and smiles. Gosh you missed his smile.
Austin:" how have you been?"
You:" great. You?"
Austin:" pretty good."
More silence.
You:" you want to go inside?"
Austin:" oh um yeah. Sure. I should've invited you in I'm sorry. Wow I'm stupid but- ha. Yeah let's go in."
You smiled at him while he rambled on.

Austin's POV
Her voice made me freeze. Her smile made me forget everything.
You:"your house is awesome. I guess you can live like this with your job."
Austin:" yeah. It's pretty awesome, but it's kind of a waste of space when no one is here."
You:" haha. That's like never. You probably always have the guys over here."
Austin:" haha yeah. Getting them to come is easy, getting them to go home is the hard part."
We both laugh. Her laugh was so sweet. When she laughed she looked 100 times more beautiful. How could I have let someone so amazing out of my life?

Your POV:
Austin's laugh was adorable. You missed his laugh, you missed his smile, you missed everything about him.
You both walk into the living room. You sit on the couch and Austin sits in a chair across from you.
Austin:" so what are you doing nowadays? Do you still have your penthouse?"
You:" yeah. I actually got a call from Tyra Banks to help judge the new season of America's Next Top Model."
Austin:" wow that's great. Tyra Banks personally called you?"
You:" yeah. And how's your job going along?"
Austin:" good. I'm working on a new song . . . Do you want to hear it?"
You:" of course."
Austin goes and gets his guitar and instead of sitting across from you, he sits next to you. Your heart starts beating faster.

Austin:" I don't have the lyrics yet but I've just kept hearing the music over and over in my head."
Austin starts playing his guitar. After a while you start to recognize the song. You put your hand on top of the strings to make Austin stop playing.
Austin:" what? You didn't like it?"
You:" no, I like the song it's just-"
Austin:" what?"
You:" that's our song. . . That's the song that we made together a long time ago. When we were playing around with the music and trying to make something good out of it."
Austin:". . . The week before we broke up. . ."
You:" yeah. . ."
Austin puts his guitar down and you sit in silence again.
Austin:" maybe this is a sign."
You:" a sign of what?"
Austin:" this song is one of my favorite songs. Not because of the music, but because I made it with you. After we broke up I tried to forget about you, and to do that I just focused more on my music. I haven't been able to get this song off my mind. But it's not the song that was on my mind. . . It was you, y/n"

Austin:"I've missed you so much. I miss your eyes, your smile. I miss the way you get mad at me when I tease you. I miss waking up next to you every morning just so I can hold you in my arms again. I miss the way you laugh at my jokes. I miss you playing childish pranks on me because I did them to you. y/n I just really miss you and I need you because I'm going crazy without you. I want to be there for you when you need me. I want to hug you close when your sad. I want to kiss you when you're happy. I just want you y/n."
You couldn't handle it. You stand up and start walking to the door. Austin grabs your hand and pulls you into his arms.
Austin:" I'm not going to let you get away from me again. y/n, I've never stopped loving you. I've tried to forget about you but you're always on my mind. I hate how we don't talk a lot any more. I regret everyday I went without you."
You:" why didn't you ever try to get me back?"
Austin:" because I thought you wanted the break up. I don't even remember why we broke up. I just wanted you to be happy."
You:" why would you think I wanted that? Austin I love you."
Austin smiles.
Austin:" y/n I love you too."
He leans down and his lips press against yours. You put your arms around his neck and he pulls you closer to his chest.
Y/D:" are mommy and daddy happy now?"
Austin looks you in the eyes waiting for your answer.
You:" yes baby, we are."
Y/D:" yay!"
She runs and jumps into Austin's arms and you all hug each other. Your family was complete.