"Oh really? What?" He asked with a giggle.

"Hair. You should shave," I remarked, smiling. He then brought a hand to his face, feeling around to see if I had been right.

I could never bring myself to tell him the real reason why I had been looking at him. My face would probably end up extremely red, and I'd stumble on every word. He might have teased me, too.

"Now that you mention it, I guess I should," he stated, bringing his hand back down. I giggled, and my heart melted when I noticed a small smile crossing his face. Although I would have never admitted it in the past, I liked him. Even when we were apart, I never truly stopped thinking about him. Somebody like him was hard to forget.

"I've been meaning to give something to you," he told me, and I looked up to him, raising an eyebrow. I wasn't sure what he meant. Why would he want to give me something?

He reached into the pocket of his hoodie and pulled out a rectangular black box. I could already tell it was some sort of jewelry. I took the top off and set it down, and pulled out the silver chain that was laying in the box.I held it up and noticed that there was a tiny microphone charm hanging.

"I picked that one because we met again in chorus, and a microphone symbolizes singing and stuff. It's corny, I know," he laughed, looking at me with some sort of spark in his eyes.

"I love it," I smiled, looking at him. "But you didn't have to do this for me."

"It was nothing, really." He shrugged. "It was for the last Christmas we spent together," he explained, and I nodded in response.

"Do you want me to put it on for you?" He asked.

"Please."

He got up and walked around the table towards me, and took the silver chain out of my hands. He put it around my neck, his fingers lightly touching my skin. The feeling caused chills to go down my spine and butterflies to fly in my stomach. I didn't know why he had this effect on me, but I don't think I hated it. He hooked the necklace, and then walked back to his seat and sat down.

"You know... when I first bought that, I was planning to ask you out once I gave it to you," he said with a smile. I wasn't sure whether that meant he still wanted to go out or not, so I decided to try ask him myself.

"Do you, by any chance, still want that date?" I asked. Was this flirting? I'd never done it before, and it felt... weird, to say the least.

"Only if you don't mind going on one," he responded, letting his chin rest in the palm of his hand as he leaned in closer over the table.

"I don't mind," I assured him.

"Then it's a date," he smiled, leaning back in his seat.

"I guess it is... I've never been on one before," I told him, my voice getting a bit quieter as I said the last part. It was true. The only thing closest to a date that I've been to was the winter dance Tyler and I went to. However, before we went, I assured him that we we could go only as friends, so it still technically wasn't a date.

"I haven't been one either," he admitted.

"Well, then we can be each other's first dates," I told him, and he smiled.

_______________________________

Today was the day of my date with Tyler. Of course, I already told Selena and Taylor, and they both freaked out. Selena told everybody, including my parents, so I wasn't even able to tell them myself.

Selena and Taylor were at my house, trying to help me get ready. They picked out a dress, which was black and went down just above my knees. They insisted I wear heels, and even though I absolutely despised them, I didn't want to wear vans and have Tyler think I wasn't taking this seriously.

After I had finished getting ready, there was a knock at the door. I tried to run to the door, but I couldn't because of the stupid shoes I was wearing. So, instead of opening the door like I intended, I fell on the floor.

"Ouch," I mumbled, trying to get up without falling yet again. I walked to the door, opening it with a smile.

Tyler stood there, his hair combed and a nice black button up shirt on. He looked really nice.

"Hi," I greeted him shyly.

"Hey," he replied. "You look pretty," he complimented me, and I could already feel my face turning red.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I responded, still acting a bit shy. Sure, I've talked to Tyler plenty of times, but this whole flirting thing wasn't something I particularly enjoyed doing. I wasn't always completely sure what to say, so things often got quiet and awkward.

"I still don't look as great as you," he said, and then put his hand out for me to take. "Shall we go?" Maybe he never dated anyone before, but I could tell he was better at this kind of thing than I was. He somehow always knew how to respond, and he never hesitated. He did get quiet at times, but only if he was embarrassed or simply had nothing to say. He was somewhat outgoing, while I wasn't at all.

"We shall," I said, and I put my hand in his. we began walking to his car, but because of the shoes I had on, I lost my balance a few times. When I almost tripped for probably the fifth time, I groaned loudly in annoyance.

"Change your shoes," he said, turning back towards the front door and walking up the driveway.

"It's fine," I contradicted him. I didn't want to hold him up.

"I know you hate those shoes. You don't have to wear them," he said with a smile. "Come on. Put on your black vans, it doesn't matter to me." He pulled my arm as he continued to walk to the front door. He then brought me inside and waited for me as I ran to my room to grab my shoes. I quickly put them on, and then ran back out towards Tyler.

"Still pretty?" I asked as I walked up to him. His eyes met mine, and I felt sort of self conscious under his watch. I knew he told me to change my shoes in the first place, but he still could have thought I looked completely stupid.

"Yeah, pretty. Really pretty," he said with a small smile. I felt myself blush again, and the only thing that I could think about was the fact that he probably knew how much of an effect he had on me. A simple smile of his could make me go crazy.

"I think we're ready. Now, shall we go?" He asked, putting his hand out for me to take again. I put my hand in his, intertwining our fingers together. It felt so right, my hand in his. I wouldn't have asked to be anywhere else in the moment.

We both walked outside, hand in hand. We went in the car, and Tyler began driving.

And so we begin again.