chapter one

i feel arms wrap around my cold body, rubbing my arms

i feel arms wrap around my cold body, rubbing my arms. i shiver into the persons chest and open my brown eyes, fluttering them. i look up and see a familiar face. "andrew strucker, are you here to turn on the heater?" i smile, sitting up. "no wills, i'm not going to. you know how shitty my dad gets if i tamper with the termostat." he huffs. crossing my arms, i pout. andy and i have been best friends since we were in kindergarten. he was sitting on the swings alone and i ran up to him and asked him to be my friend.

"andy, it's midnight and it's freezing." i roll my eyes before laying back down on the bed. yes i was in andy bedroom, i stay in here most of the time. he has a sister, but i don't really talk to her. "willow," andy paused before standing up "fine." he puffed, walking to the door, opening it. "you owe me" he pointed as he walked out of the door; closing it. " one willow, zero andy" i smile.

i've always liked the smell of andy's room. it may sometimes...always smell like pizza, but him and his sheets smell like vanilla. i know that sounds creepy but it does. a few moments later, the heat came on. warmth filled the room and hit my body. i close my eyes before the door opens and closes. "thank you" i sigh, smiling "for what?" i girls voice questions. i quickly sit up, opening my eyes "oh my gosh lauren, you scared me" i breathe out, putting a hand to my chest.

"where's your brother?" i ask resting my back on the wall. andy's bed didn't have like a "wall" or something for the head of his bed. it was just a mattress. "downstairs, he got caught by dad" she rolls her eyes before sitting down on the bed "damnit, i'll get him." i sigh, rolling my eyes and walking out of the door. lauren and i don't have a really active relationship. she does her thing with her friends, and i do my thing with andy. i've only really had andy, hes the only friend i have.

i speed downstairs, and i'm met up with reed and andy "hey reed" i smile, walking to the fridge and grabbing water. "hey willow" his skuffy voice booms through the cold kitchen. "we were talking about tomorrow. how i'm going to the principals office" it was dark so i couldn't see andy's eyeroll but i knew he did it. i walk up to them and stop. i quickly grab andy's gand with a smile and run upstairs with him.

when we got in the room, lauren was gone. i let go of andy's hand and flopped on the bed. "andy i can't stay up for longer" i dramatically sigh "i think this is my last breath" i laugh, taking off my zip up. andy flips down next to me and smiles, turning his head to face me. "thank god," he breathes out a chalky laugh "im too tired" i smiled before closing his eyes.

i turn on my side and i close my eyes. a few moments later a arm wraps around me and pulls me close to a chest "cuddle with me tonight" andy whispers. "fine" i sigh turning on my other side. i wrap one of my arms around his right side, then putting head on his chest. "goodnight willow" andy whispers "goodnight andy" i mumble, almost inaudible.

and then the deep, dark sleep took over me in quick seconds.