Chapter One

Queen Rosario of Aerthus' Point Of View

 "My Queen, there is an outsider approaching the Kingdom gates." I glanced down at the guard curiously.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes my Majesty." 

"Hm." I tilted my head as I stared at the guard curiously. "Just one?"

"Just one."

"Open the gates, send out the guards and the bears, see if this visitor is a threat, then bring him to me."

"Yes your majesty." The guard bows before he ran off, leaving me sitting on my throne in excitement, we've never had a visitor before - this can't be good. I straightened my back and put my hands on the cold arm rests and stared down at the throne room floor before I waited.

Soon the doors burst open and I stared down at the timid looking elf dressed in brown that was surrounded by my guards. "My Queen, this is a Mirkwood messenger."

"Mirkwood? Why does King Oropher want with my Kingdom?" I questioned, tilting my head slightly as I eyed the Elf who looked like he just faced a Yeti.

"King Oropher is dead."

"Pity, my father met him in battle once. He spoke highly of the old Elven King." I stared down at the Elf before I squared my shoulders. "What does the new Royal want? Last I knew no one remembered my Kingdom's existence, we are the Forgotten Elves in the snow with foul, mysterious beasts that no other being has encountered."

"The King found an book documenting your existence - my Queen. He is requesting your presence."

"Why, what would the King of Mirkwood want the Forgotten Queen?" I coldly stared down at the Messenger while my guards dispersed to the edges of the Throne room, staring at the strange Elf in paranoia.

"He and other Royals needs to speak with you, you have been Forgotten after all, and they want alliances and other things from you-"

"My Kingdom and I don't need alliances, we don't need to give the people who forgot us anything of ours." I stared down my nose at him, his face paling as my blue eyes stared at the Elf messenger down. "What is so important for the King of Mirkwood to request my presence? Is he in need of a frozen beast to protect his precious kingdom? Or is he in need of a my Kingdom's goods? Is your King in need of my famous deserts?" I stared down at the messenger cynically.

"Middle Earth is at war."

"And how is that any of my concern?" I growled.

"The Orc's were seen heading North, if you don't help the other Kingdom's, your's will stand alone and it can perish."

"I have you know my Kingdom's soldiers are the strongest and most threatening, and if these Orc's manage to somehow manage to pass the Yeti's and other frozen beasts, survive the blizzards and make it to my walls, then they deserve to meet my soldiers and fight heroically before their blood stains the white blanket of my lands."

"The Orc's, they have a new leader - my Queen. They are rising, they have their own alliances with the Spider's, rogue rangers - rogue Elves even. They have combined forces to over throw the Kingdom's."

"And the other Kingdom's can not defeat themselves? In our Forgotten-ness, did the other Kingdom's become weak, messenger? Or did they just become cowards?"

"They are hardly cowards! If anyone is a coward, it would be you for staying in this place and not having any outside contact - err - my Queen." The Elf stops himself while he stares up at me in horror. "I-I didn't mean . . ."