“Oh God,” I groaned out loud when the driver side door opened.  What in the hell am I doing to myself?  Why couldn’t I get him out of my system?  He kissed another woman, in front of me like it was no big deal.  I despised him. I hated him.  Not only for what he did with Gloria, but for the hold that he seemingly had on me.

    “What’s ‘oh God’ mean?”  My father asked while situating himself in his seat.  He bent his body backwards to pull on his seat belt and then turned back to me.

    “Nothing,” I said, glancing back at him out of the corner of my eyes.  This was something that I really did not feel like talking about, especially with my father of all people.  The things that I was feeling was disturbing enough, a conversation about it with my father, was down right terrifying. 

    “It sure didn’t sound like nothing, “ he murmured to himself while shutting the driver side door.  “Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

    “Positive,” I remarked, turning my attention to the front windshield.

    I heard his sigh but luckily, he let the subject drop for now.  In order to get rid of all thoughts of Jaxon, I concentrated on the sounds of my father’s movements.  He pulled out his keys and they jingled.  I could hear him when he fumbled for the right one and stuck it in the ignition.  I picked up on the distinct sound of him turning the ignition over and the controlled beeps that followed, signaling that the car was being started.

    The back door opened and the scent, his musky fragrant scent, hit me full throttle.  Every nerve cell that I owned went into hyper-overdrive.  My entire body froze up stiffer then a Popsicle.

    No…. no…. no…..

    Why was he getting in this car?  The same car that I was in? My breaths started to come in quick pants, my heart started to go wild in my chest, all of this, all because he was too close.

    “Calm down,” my father said from beside of me, placing a steadying hand on my leg.  That was easy for him to say, his cat wasn‘t fighting to break free.  She had been restrained entirely too long now and for some screwed up reason, she didn‘t seem to give a flying flip that her mate kissed another girl.  She wanted him and she wanted him bad.  “Breathe through your mouth,” he offered.

    Yeah, right.  Like that was going to help. 

    ‘Leah, please talk to me.’

    Every single one of my muscles tensed as the sound of his voice vibrated in my head.  I didn’t want to hear it, I didn’t even want to be near him for that matter.

    ‘Leah, I’m sorry but I can explain if you‘ll let me.  Please, I can’t take this separation, just talk to me.’

    I couldn’t stop the hiss the escaped through my lips.  My father jerked his head up to the rear view mirror and putting two and two together, he issued a sharp, “Don’t!”

    And just like that, I felt his presence ease from my mind.  The relief was immediate until the second that I forgot to breathe through my mouth and took in a heavy dose of his sumptuous scent.  My hands started to tremble with the restraint of trying to hold my cat back.  She wanted out, she needed to run or crawl back in the back seat and wrap herself around Jaxon.  To my own disgust, she would be just as happy with either choice.

    “We’re almost there.”  Glancing over at my father, I gave him a grateful smile.  I’m not sure if he knew what was going on or not, but if the command he gave Jaxon earlier was any indication, he was on my side.  That was definately a good thing.