"I see, just remain hopeful." Kyoko sighed, "I'm going in to see him in a few minutes, do you want to see him beforehand?" 

"I've actually just gone to see him, so.."

"Go in again with me, I won't mind." Kyoko suggested, "You didn't talk to him for very long." 

"I didn't but.. I can't see him like that.. it hurts too much.." Kokichi sighed. 

"He needs you to be there for him." Kyoko insisted. 

"He's not waking up, even I know that. I'm not an idiot, I know that he could die or never wake up, I know the possibilities of him waking up---" Kokichi sulked.

"Stop talking about possibilities, just get in there and be there for him." Kyoko interrupted, in a serious tone.

Kokichi sighed and tried to talk back but was met with an icy stare given by Kyoko. Kokichi took a deep breath and walked back into the hospital room. 

He sat down on the same chair that he always sat in, held Shuichi's hand, like he always did and looked down at the floor. There was silence in the room, Kokichi had no idea what to say to him. 

"Hey uhh, I'm back again.. hope you don't mind.." 

Kokichi sighed. "Come on Shuichi, please... just wake up.. I can't do this without you, do it for me.. I love you." 

Kokichi tightly held Shuichi's hand and started crying lightly. After a few minutes, he felt a squeeze on his hand. 

Kokichi didn't really take in what had happened. 

"What.." Kokichi muttered.

"You just.." 

"Oh my god.." 

"OH MY GOD." 

"I'm just going to get someone, okay?" Kokichi cried happily before running out the room. 

A few weeks later.. - Kokichi's point of view.

It's been 3 and a half weeks since he woke up. He's having rehab at the moment to strengthen his muscles, to make sure he can stand up by himself and move by himself. He was in a coma for seven months so, he hasn't moved in a while and he needs to get some exercise. 

I'm not complaining though, if anything I'm ecstatic. It's amazing he's woken up after only a few months. 

He hasn't seen me recently, not at all actually. The Doctors warned me not to talk to him as it could be more than he could handle. 

No-one point of view

Kokichi sat on the bench which was near to Shuichi's hospital room along with Makoto.

"It's amazing he's awake but... I can't see him.." 

Makoto slowly put his arm around Kokichi's shoulder, "It won't be long." 

"I hope it isn't." 

"It's good to have hope you know, you can't ever let despair get you." Makoto smiled, in an inspirational voice. 

"I think he's asleep anyway, I'm going to see him." Kokichi shrugged, secretly wanting to exit the conversation. 

"Right.. Bye." Makoto said, sounding slightly surprised. 

Kokichi walked away, shaking his head as he headed to Shuichi's room. 

When he entered, he looked asleep. Kokichi decided to sit down on the same chair he always sat in. Shuichi suddenly turned to face Kokichi and grabbed his hand. 

"They kept me away from you." 

Kokichi instinctively pulled his hand away out of pure shock. "Ahh!" 

"Uhh, sorry! I should of thought that through.. I didn't mean to scare you.." Shuichi apologised, laughing slightly that he had made Kokichi jump.

 Kokichi managed to get himself together and eventually say, "It's alright.. I didn't know you were awake.." 

"Seriously, all I've wanted to do is see you but the Doctors told me that it would be too stressful. I've missed you so much.." Shuichi admitted. 

"I've missed you so much Shuichi.. everyone came here for you.." Kokichi said, starting to cry.

"Can you tell me how long I was out for?" Shuichi asked anxiously.

"It wasn't long actually, around 7 months.. it could of been way longer." Kokichi replied as calmly as he could. 

"Seven? It could of been worse I suppose.." Shuichi sighed, "What's the date? The Doctors haven't told me yet.." 

Kokichi stood up, got his phone out of his pocket and showed Shuichi the date. 3rd of September. 

"September... the.. third .. huh." Shuichi smiled. 

Kokichi put his phone away and gently kissed Shuichi on the forehead before sitting back down next to him. 

Shuichi's face suddenly changed into a sadder expression. "Why did you stay?" 

Kokichi was shocked that Shuichi even had to ask a question like that, "I will always stay.. because I love you more than anything in the world."

"I love you to." Shuichi smiled.

"Hey Shuichi, There's something important I wanted to ask you." 

"Important?" Shuichi asked innocently.

"Yeah, kind of.." Kokichi replied nervously. 

"What is it?"  

Kokichi put his hand into his pocket and felt around for a small box..