Sick.  It was plain disgusting the way that he so wholly devoured her face.  I couldn't watch it anymore so I turned around and waltzed off in the opposite direction.  There has got to be somewhere dark and quiet in this place that I could go and just hide out, far away from all of this mayhem for a few hours or until my dear sweet step brother has had his fill.

Walking into the next room I wrinkled up my nose in disgust.  With my keen smell, the scent of booze and sweat overwhelmed me.  The music was pumping from the speakers and I cold feel the bass thumping in the floor.  People were intertwined with each other, shaking what their mama’s gave them and had no shame whatsoever.  This isn’t what I would call dancing.  This is having sex with clothes on.  

“Hey there shooorrtt stop,” a slurred voice said from behind me.  I knew who it was just by the voice.  Josh.  He pressed his body to my back and wrapped his arms across my chest.  His right hand was dangerously close to my boob and I have to fight off the urge to cringe from just his mere touch.  “Dance wwwiiittth me.”

He began to sway from side to side forcing me to sway with him.  I felt like I was rocking on the Mayflower before it landed at Plymouth Rock at this pace.  It was when I felt the unmistakable feeling of his hardened desire pressing against my butt that I freaked.  

That would be a big fat “H” to the “E” to the double hockey sticks, No.

I jerked away out of his arms  and shuddered.  “Uh, I gotta go,” I told him quickly when he reached for me again.  Not waiting for him to say anything further I turned away from him and threw myself into the deluge of bodies grinding in the middle of the room.  Every which way I turned it seemed as if I was touching someone or being touched by someone and I could slowly feel the rise of my panther clawing to get out.  I had to get out of here.

Finally, navigating my way to the other end of the room I found another door and walked into that room.  This was evidently the kitchen and it was an alcoholic’s heaven. There were buckets filled with ice, beer and wine coolers lining the walls.  In the center of the room where the island was located there was a ton of liquor bottles and shot glasses that would put any fly by night bar down town to shame.  

“Hey,” someone said and I felt an arm get thrown over my shoulder.  “Have a drink with me pretty lady?” 

Where his hand lay across my shoulder I felt a jolt of electricity shoot through me that left a fluttering warm feeling in its wake.  Then I looked up and found myself lost in the greenest eyes that I had seen.  There were spring leaf green and drew me in like nothing else.  Blinking I shook my head and realized that this guy was familiar.  Jayden, Jacob, no Jaxon.  Yeah, Jaxon was his name.  He just so happened to be one of Luca’s buddies that I had seen over at the house a few times.

I offered him a fake smile and kindly removed his arms from my shoulder, “Um, no thank you.”
He rattled me and made me feel things that I wasn't prepared to feel.  He would most definitely be trouble.

“Ah come on now, Leah.  One shot, that’s all I’m asking for,” he said bending down to my eye level.

At first he caught me off guard by using my name.  How in the heck did he know my name?  I talked to very few people at school because it was one of those snobby schools where I had nothing in common with a single soul that went there.  And secondly, why in the hell does he want to take a shot with me.  Doesn’t he know that I’m different?  I’m not like his crowd and I don’t want to be like his crowd.  Then it was those eyes again.  I found myself swimming in those deep pools of emerald green and had a hell of a time pulling away from them.