Damon Salvatore Imagine- A Slight Jealousy Problem

Começar do início

The next school day went by slowly. You were still mulling over what happened the night before. The way Damon reacted when the three most powerful words slipped from your lips made your heart hurt. When the bell finally rang releasing you for the day, you quickly found your car and drove to the Salvatore Boarding house. Damon hadn't called or texted you about the incident which made you even more nervous than you already were. Pulling into the Salvatore's driveway, you felt your stomach begin to twist. You took a quick breath before getting out of your car and walking up to the door. You gave a loud knock, but when no one answered you showed yourself in. "Damon?" You shouted out into the house. There was no answer, but you could hear the sound of ice clinking inside a glass from the living room. You stepped farther into the house until Damon came into view. His back was to you as he leaned against the fire place. "Damon, we need to talk." You said as you walked into the living room. He slowly turned to face you as he took a sip of his drink, "What is there to talk about?" You rolled your eyes, "Don't play dumb Damon." He finished his drink and began to pour himself another, "We were caught up in the moment. It was nothing and meant nothing, okay?" You felt a painful pull at your heart at his words. "Damon, although I was caught up in the moment, I wasn't lying when I told you I loved you." You said taking a step towards him. His grip tightened around his glass, "Y/N, it meant nothing. What you said, the kiss, it all meant nothing. Just forget about it." Frustration began to pool inside of you, "I'm telling you that it meant something Damon. I have feelings for you, I've had feelings for you since the day I met you." Damon threw his glass against the wall sending tiny shards of glass sprinkling onto the floor around him. His eyes glowered at you, "Well, I don't have feelings for you Y/N! I never have and I never will. The kiss meant nothing to me and you mean nothing to me." Tears began to rise in your eyes as you stood frozen under his scrutinizing gaze. He took a step towards you and in a low growl said, "I don't love you Y/N." With tears pouring down your cheeks, you closed the gap between the two of you and said through gritted teeth, "And I don't know why I ever loved you Damon." You quickly turned on your heels and ran out of the room. When you threw the front door open, you ran into a strong body. "Hey," Stefan said concerned, "what happened? Are you okay?" You pushed past him, "Everything is fine Stefan." You said before hopping into your car and driving away as fast as you could.

The night of the Ball had finally arrived and you were cuddled up in your bed with tear stained cheeks. Your parents were already at the Lockwood estate helping prepare for the gathering. Tissues littered your bed and floor as sad love songs blared from your Bluetooth speaker. The words Damon had said to you the previous night were still rumbling around in your head. You tightly shut your eyes trying to push the thought of him away, but nothing seemed to work. You let out an irritated groan before throwing your face into your pillow. As you laid there in your bed, a light knock reverberated from the front door of your house. You lifted yourself up from your bed and walked downstairs to open the door. Another knock sounded just as you were opening the door. As you pulled it open, Stefan came into view. He was holding a bouquet of your favorite flowers and two boxes. His hair was combed and he was wearing a ravishing suit. "Stefan? What are you..." He stuck his free hand up stopping you. He cleared his throat, "Y/F/N Y/LN would please do me the honor of joining me at the Founder's Day Ball?" You let out a chuckle as he bowed forward and handed you the flowers. "Stefan," you said with a laugh, "I don't have anything to wear and I look a mess." He stuck up his finger and proceeded to hand you the two boxes. You opened them to find the maroon dress that you had tried on in one and a shiny pair of gold heeled sandals in the other. "Stefan," you breathed out, "how did you know?" He shrugged, "I saw you looking at it while Elena and Caroline were trying on dresses." You held up the shoes with raised eyebrows, "And these?" He let out a laugh, "The lady said they looked nice with the dress so I got them too." You shook your head with a chuckle, "Stefan, I can't believe you would do something like this. Although I am very flattered, I can't go." Stefan's smile fell, "Why not? You have something to wear." You could feel the tears trying to make their reappearance, but you swallowed them away. "I can't go, because I can't see Damon." You said looking at your feet. Stefan took your hand in his, "I know what happened between the two of you. I was listening the whole time." You raised your head to look into Stefan's sympathetic eyes. He let out a sigh, "After you left, I talked to him. He's probably going to hate me for telling you this, but I think he will be grateful in the end. He's scared and confused. He's confused because his feelings for you have grown and he doesn't want to be just friends anymore. However, he's scared because he doesn't want to ruin your friendship and lose you forever. He tried to convince himself that he doesn't feel that way about you by telling you that he doesn't love you. Last night he went and asked Elena to the Ball which is part of the reason why I'm standing here on your doorstep. She said yes and he's trying to make himself feel something for her so he will stop feeling anything for you." You furrowed your eyebrows, "Stefan, how is that supposed to make me feel better?" He gave you a light laugh, "Y/N did you not hear anything I just said? He loves you! You just have to remind him of that." With confusion still sitting plainly on your face you asked, "And how am I supposed to do that?" Stefan motioned to the dress and shoes to which you raised your eyebrows and shook your head willing him to explain. He rolled his eyes in frustration, "Y/N, Damon has been protective of you since the day you two met; and he has a slight jealousy problem when it comes to you. What better way to remind him that he loves you then triggering that jealousy? And who else would be better at triggering that than his own brother?" Your eyes grew wide as you finally caught on to what Stefan was proposing. "Oh my gosh," you said quietly, "you're brilliant." Stefan smiled, "Now go get ready, we're already fashionably late." You gave him a wide grin before running upstairs to get dressed.