You Don't Know What I Know About My Feelings

I found this pic while looking for Boardwalk Boys somehow!? And I really need to make a story with angst and fluff combined so....yeah.

TW: swearing, mentions of self harm

Jeremy knocked on the door and tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for Michael to open the door.

No answer.

He texted Michael, praying he would reply.

Not a furry: Micha where r u? I'm at ur house

Mahal: Oh I'm sorry Jere. I'm coming, gimme a minute.

(Michael doesn't know what Jeremy set his contact name to)

Mahal: I'm on my way downstairs.

Not a furry: okay good I was worried.

Mahal: and I'm at the door.

Jeremy turned his phone off and put it in his pocket as Michael opened the door.

To Jeremy's surprise, he was in a sweater. And it was 75° out.

"Hey Jeremy." Michael greeted and Jeremy noted something...off. His voice wasn't as joyful as usual.

"Hi Micha. I didn't think you were gonna open the door." Jeremy replied, trying to be somewhat optimistic, mostly to try and help Michael since he seemed down. "So you wanna go down into the basement and play AotD?"

"Yeah sure." Man Michael really was off. Usually he would bounce up at this chance to play games with Jeremy.

The two headed downstairs and Michael was rather slow about starting the game. And he didn't even plop down on his beanbag he just sat.

Whilst the two played, Jeremy noticed Michael wasn't really trying. He paused.

"Micha we gotta talk." Jeremy said and Michael tried unpausing the game but Jeremy paused it again. "What's wrong?"

"W-What? Nothing. Everything's fine..." Michael was mumbling, something was definitely wrong.

"Michael, you can't lie to me, I've known you for twelve years, I know when something is off.

"Jeremy I'm fine. Just a little tired is all." Michael wasn't good at lying, another thing Jeremy knew about him.

"Michael you aren't fine, you've barely talked to me at all, you're wearing a sweater and I can barely wear a t-shirt. You aren't even trying to play the game." Jeremy protested, grabbing Michael's arms. The taller male yanked away.

"Jeremy I'm okay."

"Why'd you pull your arms away?" Jeremy asked and Michael didn't reply. "Michael. Tell me please. If I did something wrong I need to know."

"It's nothing Jeremy I swear."

"Michael you're lying. I'm not gonna judge you, just tell me what's wrong." Jeremy was getting worried about Michael's state, he was never like this. Never had he denied things so much.

"Fine. You wanna know so bad, pull my sleeves up." Michael said and Jeremy did just that and froze when he seen the amounts of cuts on Michael's caramel colored skin. Some old, some new, all visible.

"M-Michael...Why?" Jeremy said, his eyes glossy with tears.

"I can't tell you that Jeremy..." Michael mumbled softly, scratching the scars.

"Yes you can. You're my best friend, nothing can change that."

"Exactly!! Best friends! That's what we're always g-gonna be..." Michael's face fell into a disappointed expression.

"Michael I don't understand." Jeremy said and Michael looked away from him.

"I...I can't tell you. It'll ruin everything..."

"No it won't. We're still friends after the Squipcident so nothing could change my opinion."

"Yes it could Jeremy...It could d-destroy your opinion of me..." Michael was shaking as he rolled his sleeves down

"No it wouldn't! Why do you think it would!?"

"Because I know you don't feel the same way!!" Jeremy was taken back by the increase in volume.

"What way!?"

"I...Oh my God...heh...why did I think you'd realize what I meant?" Michael asked and Jeremy could hear Michael's breath slow down. "You've been so oblivious for so long...how did I think that would change?" Michael was laughing with pity in his voice.

"Michael I'm confused...We know everything about each other. How could I be oblivio-"

"Because I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!" Michael yelled out and Jeremy looked down. Michael didn't know about Jeremy's contact name for him or else he wouldn't have said Jeremy didn't feel the same.

"Michael I...I do love you..." Jeremy said and Michael laughed sadly.

"Don't lie to me to make me feel better Jeremy."

"What makes you think I'm lying!?" Jeremy grabbed Michael's hand but the taller male pulled away.

"Because it took you this damn long to say something! This is some kind of joke I just know it!" Michael yelled, turning away and tears poured from his eyes.

"It's not a damn joke Michael! I just...I didn't know I was bi! That's the damn reason I left Christine!! For you!" Jeremy retaliated but Michael didn't turn around. "Michael...Michael I know I may seem oblivious at times...but I do like you...I love you. I...." Jeremy felt the silence creep into the room as he put a hand on Michael's shoulder.

"Jeremy...I...I..."

"Hey Micha?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Mahal Kita. Nothing is worth dying over..."

"...Mahal Din Kita Jeremy...I should've known you wouldn't fuck with my emotions l-like that..." Michael said, and Jeremy turned him around and they started cuddling gently, whispering "I love you" to each other.

Michael never cut and never doubted Jeremy again after that.