chapter two

Cupquake's POV
I had just walked into an orphanage when I saw a girl. More people arrived but I didn't like them. They had enough make up to make them look like a clown that went through a crayon factory and some of them were showing their skin. I wanted to tell them to apply it properly and not throw everything on your face poorly. The girl who I saw wasn't like the others though so I walked over to her. "Hi cupquake." She said. One of the clown girls laughed. I tuned her out. "What's your name?" I asked. "Rachel. I'm seven." The girl said. "Well Rachel. You can call me Tiffany. It doesn't matter." I said. "I like calling you cupquake. That's what I know you as." Rachel said. She blushed slightly. The clown girl next to Rachel knocked her to the ground. I helped her up. "Where's red?" She asked. "In the car. He said he'll wait until I make a decision. And I have. So I'll be right back." I said. I ran outside and tapped on the window of our car. "I've met the girls. You need to be inside to sign anything." I said. He got out and we headed inside. I pointed to Rachel. "She's perfect." He said. We walked into the office. "We choose Rachel." I said. The owner handed the paperwork to us. We signed it and the owner went to get her.
Rachel's POV
The owner came out of her office. "Rachel. Pack your stuff. The couple chose to adopt you." She said. I smiled and headed to my room. I quickly packed everything. I headed downstairs. Cupquake and red came up to me. "Ready?" She asked. I nodded. We headed to the car. Soon we arrived at their house. Red took all my stuff inside. Soon I heard a meow. I looked down and saw link rubbing against my leg. I petted him but then jolted my hand away. "You want to see your room?" Red asked me. For some reason, I began to panic. I decided that it was because of his voice being so loud. "Yes please." I said. Red noticed the look in my eyes. "New to the fact that you live with us?" He joked. "You're louder than I thought." I said. I tensed up. "I'm sorry. I'm just a problem to everyone by opening my big mouth." I said. "Not to us. By the way, I care about you." Red said. I hugged him. He took my stuff to my room.
That night, I realized that he was right. He does care. And I'm glad to be their daughter.