Chapter 2

Jake made his way into physics class with nothing but that girl on his mind "Miranda" he thought even the name had a beautiful ring to it. Jake sat himself in the 3rd row middle seat. He looked around the room when the door opened and he made eye contact with the person walking through it. It was Miranda.

JAKE POV

I walked into physics class not with today's topic on my mind but only one thing, no one person... Miranda. As I sat down in the 3rd row middle seat and I began to look around the room. I stopped at the door when I saw it open and she walked in. My heart began to race 300 miles a minute I can't believe she's in my class. She takes the seat next to me and I can feel my skin growing clammy, no one has ever made me feel this way I'm at a loss for words and organized thoughts. "hey" is all she says to me and I mentally lose it I need to speak up now! "h-h- hey" I struggle to throw out the words. "I'm Miranda" she says. Her voice sounds like a harp being strung ever so slightly."I'm Jake" I respond cooly. "Hey so I'm new around here and I was wondering if you wanted to go get some coffee later or some lunch I don't really know anyone; only if you want to come of course" I swallow slowly as she looks at me in anticipation "sure no problem" my voice comes out like a squeak fuck! why does she make me so nervous. "great!" she beams showing off her gorgeous smile as her lips stretch ear to ear. meet me by the exhibit hall after next period I hear that we get 2 hours and 30 minutes for a lunch or whatever we wanna do that's so cool!. "sure no problem, and yeah that really is cool that's one of the things I love about this place" I calmly state. Our conversation is cut short by the professor and class can begin. The next two periods seem to zoom by and I'm waiting on the walls of the exhibit hall for Miranda to come by. I'm so nervous what the hell do I say? how do I act? I'm taken away from my thoughts as I hear Miranda call my name in that voice of hers that makes my heart quake. "hey Miranda how's it going?" I ask her as she finally stops about 2ft away from me "its going great! thanks so much for asking" she says with probably the perkiest voice I've ever heard. Damn she's adorable. "So I took the liberty of picking where we can go for lunch if you're okay with that" I state "oh of course I am I'm sure you know the area far better than I do" she says with a smile glowing with innocence. After about 12 minutes of walking we end up at an Italian restaurant called "Little Italy". "So this is Little Italy" I say. "The food here is awesome and since it's spring time and they seat outside I figured we could eat outside if you would like" I say as non nervously as I can "Yeah that's fine I love the weather today the warm sun and cool breeze mesh perfectly with the quaint decor of the restaurant" she beams. So we take a seat outside as a waiter approaches with menus "how are you two today?" he asks with probably the worst Italian accent ever. "were fine I answer, we would like two waters and we'll let you know what we want to eat soon" I state. He leaves and about a minute later he brings us a pitcher of water and 2 glasses then leaves. "so" I say wanting to break the awkward silence. "so" she says extending the o's to address the sentiment. "tell me about yourself" I ask hoping I wasn't too forward. "What would you like to know?" she questions after taking a sip of water from her glass. "umm anything you're willing to share with a stranger" I try joking to lighten the mood. "oh hmm well I'm really open about things but I'll keep it simple" she says with a smile. "uhh well I'm 18 years old, I'm from Miami Florida where I grew up all my life with just my father because my dad left when I was around 6" I love the spring time as well as the winter time, I enjoy relaxing under the stars, reading, I have a 4.0 GPA, I used to play volleyball, baseball, and soccer and I occasionally enjoy partying" she finishes with a giggle. "how about yourself?" She questions "oh uh well" I'm cut off by the waiter. "and have you two decided on what to order?" "I'll have the usual" I say "and you" he questions Miranda "same" she says. "Fine choices I'll be back shortly" "You were saying" she says reverting back to the topic. "oh well I'm Jake as you know I'm from Virginia Beach where I graduated from Green Run High School, I played baseball and football both up til my sophomore year. I grew up with my mom in a small place I enjoy reading, being around those I care about I'm an avid music lover and I also play the guitar and piano. uh that's about it I think haha" "wow you're an interesting person" she laughs "thank you" I state "you aren't too shabby yourself" Jackson our waiter returns with our food before either of us can speak. "thank you" I say as he places the food down and leaves. The lunch goes off without a hitch as we laugh, eat, talk, and share stories from each others past. After about 2 hours of probably the best lunch I've ever had we pay Jackson and proceed to leave. As we walk back to campus for the rest of the day like good students instead of skipping classes like most our peers we end up back at the exhibit hall to split towards our respective classes. "I had a great time" we both say at the same time "haha you first" I say. ", I had a great time hanging our with you today and I hope we do it again soon" she says with a smile "same" I state. She turns to walk away but turns to face me one more time. "here's my number" she says as she hands me a slip of paper. "call me sometime" she says with a smirk and walks off leaving me stunned, stunned with pure euphoria with a huge grin splattered across my face. "yo!" Brocks voice pulls me from my thoughts. "sup man?" I ask "I saw you with Miranda you sly dog" he says with a creepy smile that says you lady killer you. "oh yeah we went to lunch and just talked" I say cooly "what's that then?" he asks already knowing the answer "just her phone number" I dismiss his tone "wow you really are sly!" he exclaims "thanks man" I say not really meaning it "hey well I gotta go classes start soon, adios bro!" he says then starts off running. I continue to stand there with happiness enveloping my heart still. We enjoyed each others company and I got her number This can only go well from here it has to. After just one day I can feel it I can feel that special feeling already. One day with her and she's made a mark on my paper heart.