18*

Harry

Pacing back and forth does nothing, it's stupid and annoying. Jane does it when she's mad and it pisses me off. Louis does it when he's thinking, it's annoying.

But here I was, pacing in the waiting room.

My mum was getting settled in her room and we were waiting to be let up to see her. A nurse was supposed to come to find us, but they would take their sweet time.

Her surgery was pushed back a day so now we were a day behind. The surgery was going to be a few hours. It was supposed to just be the removal of the tumor, but they have to be careful because of high blood pressure and a certain heart condition she's had since she was a teenager. She was a high risk to have complications in an already difficult surgery.

"Family of Anne Twist?" We both walked over to the nurse and she took us to her room.

My mum was laying down all hooked up and ready to go. "She goes up in a bit." The other nurse left to give us some privacy. I told Robin to go ahead and he quickly walked over to gently kiss her and hold her hand.

"You are the biggest blessing in my life," he reminded her. "And I'll be here when you get out, waiting for my kiss." She smiled hugging him.

"Let's hope this doesn't ruin our plans for Paris." He chuckled. "I love you, darling."

"I love you more sweetheart." He kissed her and turned to look at me, stepping out to give us alone time.

"I'll see you later, and we can have soup when they let you eat again." She looked down. "What's wrong?"

"Harry if I don't make it-" she whispered.

"Don't say that it's going to be okay." I pinched my wrist to stop myself from crying. "Now say you'll see me later."

"Harry, please just promise that you'll stay strong for me." I nodded quickly. "I love you so much, you're the reason I kept going. And I want you to remember that I love you with everything in my heart. My biggest regret is letting you walk away, darling." The doctor came in and told us it was time. "Harry?"

"I promise. I love you." I told her as she kissed my cheek and they took her away. I was left standing there for a moment. Robin came over and walked with me to the waiting room.

Hours passed and I began to get frustrated. A few people showed up as support for Robin. They hugged him and brought him food as they sat talking. I had become annoyed that none of our family came, but then he told me that they had no idea what was going on.

I sat alone in the corner looking out at the rain. Why was it taking so long?

I began to feel anxious and had this sick feeling. I looked out and sighed, why the hell did it have to rain. "Are you alright?" I looked over at one of Robin's sisters.

"I will be." She nodded handing me a plate of food. "Oh, thank you." She smiled patting my head.

"You look just like Anne." I thanked her as I ate alone, not knowing how to make conversation. I just wanted to know what was happening. As if my prayers had been answered, the doctor walked in at the exact moment.

He looked upset.

"Are you the husband of Anne Twist?" He asked Robin. I walked over and sat beside him. There was a moment of silence.

*
*
*

Jane

I was looking through a book of bride magazines with a packet of sticky notes with Olivia beside me. "I want a simple dress, but kinda cool," I told her. "Nothing too big." She hummed looking at bridesmaid dresses. My phone began ringing and I quickly told her to wait as I stepped into her room to be alone. "Hello?"