cravings

"Prem bhaiya" Prem stirred awake to the voice of Sapna. "Sapna, what's wrong ? " Prem rubbed his eyes , and saw it was 3am on his bedside clock "shhhhh,follow me"

 Prem followed Sapna into the kitchen , where he saw his wife making his favorite halwa in the dark with only the moon as her source of light . Sapna switched on the kitchen light,startling Preeti causing her to place her hand over her bulging stomach protectively. 

Looking up , Preeti saw her husband and her sister-in-law in the archway to enter the kitchen. Prem leant up against the wall , one leg across the other , and stared at her with a warm smile on his face. Prem loved that about his wife , her motherly instinct towards their unborn son never failed to flood his heart with warmth and bring a smile to his face. Sapna had a teasing look on her face causing a blush to crawl up Preeti's neck. Preeti felt so embarrassed at the moment, she was caught making Prem's favourite halwa at 3 in the morning, she blurted that she was hungry and felt for the sweet orange sweetmeat. 

Sapna being her mischievous self began to tease her babhi causing her to become more flushed. Prem chuckled at his sister-in-law's antics as she left the kitchen and went up to his wife, hugging her from behind . He nuzzled his face into her neck and said into her hair that our son will be a mini me with a joking glint in his eyes. He loved to rile up his wife, knowing she wanted their child to be like her. She countered that their son will only look like her husband but will have both 60% her personality and 40% his personality. 

She didn't even wait for his response , her halwa was done and her son was hungry. Scooping all of it into a bowl, she rinsed the utensils and carried the halwa to their bedroom. He followed his wife to their room with a chuckle as he out the light . She made herself comfy on the large bed and was about to have a mouthful of halwa when it was taken from her. She opened her mouth to protest when a large scooping of halwa was shoved into her mouth. 

Prem watched as she was caught off guard and her cheeks turned chubby due to the large amout of halwa in her mouth. She looked like an adorable chipmunk. 

Half feeding her and half feeeding himself the halwa finished and Preeti snuggled into his embrace and fell asleep

Preeti awoke to the first rays of the sun and for the first time her husband was not awake before her. She took advantage of this and observed her husband's sleeping form. He looked so calm and boyish with a tiny stubble that grew overnight. She brushed a kiss on his temple and got up to get ready for the day. 

As she was getting up, a hand shot out and grabbed her wrist . Pulling her down, Prem gave her a kiss on the nose and said "good morning"