Prologue

??? POV

Birds are chirping above my head. Their song is cheerful but shallow, no deeper meaning could be hidden in the song. Just be happy. Wait, what are birds? What is happy? Where am I? Who am I? I look frantically around. Hopping to make sense of my situation. 

All around me is a calm forest. The trees are swaying, birds are chirping, and if you listened carefully you could here the faint rustle of animals scurrying around. It was magical, not that it was anything out of the ordinary but its simplicity was in it of itself special. This distracted me of the most important questions in my head. It was just so... perfect. Something told me that this was my home. 

What is home? Where is all this information from? Who am I? What am I? The questions soon returned. I began to scrutinize myself. I had arms,hands, fingers, thumbs, a torso, legs, and feet. On my feet were a pair of sandals. Fascinated I wriggled my toes. Woah... this is fun! I giggled but stopped suddenly at the sound of my voice. Was that... from me?

"AAAAaaaaah..." I tried to make a noise. Satisfied I tried using words... Words?  What are words? How did I know that? "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." I said aloud. Hmmm... what does that mean? When I tried to dig into the details my head hurt.

"Owowowowow..." with the power of speech I expressed my pain. Why did it hurt so much? I crouched down while grasping my head. Then I saw it. Hair?? It was soft so I didn't notice it before. I had straight black hair which contrasted with my white dress. Hair? Dress? Black? White? I was confused.

 Black and white were colors! There were many more! I took of running through the trees. I heard the sound of leaves crunching under my feet and leaves tickled at my face.

"FuuufufufuffuHAHAHAHAHA!" I laughed wholeheartedly. "Red! Green! Yellow! Brown!" Yes this was it. Happiness... this was happy. I continued to run with no destination just laughing and calling out colors with my newfound memories.

The trees gradually thinned as I burst through the woods into an open field. "... blue." I whispered in awe at the sky. Yes that's what it is a sky. It was bight blue with beautiful soft fluffy things in it. They are clouds. 

The land before me was green with grass. So soft. I laid down looking at the sky. It was peaceful. I could hear crickets buzzing as they hopped around. The sun was so warm... it was like a fluffy blanket. Nice and soft... zzz......

I felt nostalgic... This dream... I remember. I saw flashing lights a man reaching out his hand to me. He was beckoning me to him. But before I could move I was blinded a bright light... then it ended. I was hurt. It hurt. The man ran over to me and cradled me in his arms tears streaming down his face. I couldn't see his face but his tears dripped onto my face. "...ois.... don't....aeve..no...on't ....close ...yo...eyes!" That was all I could hear.

I shot up. Was this a memory? Ois? Was that my name? Yosh! From now on I am Ois! Gommen ne mystery man. Seems like I couldn't do what you said.

 I stood up. This may not be all of my memories but it is a start! I assure myself in my heart. Let's go! I sprinted back into the forest just as the sky turned pink. Sugoi... so pretty... I pause for a moment to take in the scenery before diving back into the forest headfirst.

After running for a bit I came across a small cottage. My instincts told me that it was safe but to be safe I checked around the house. No one here~ ok! Let's go in.

Despite my lack of memories there are some things I can just tell just by looking. Like if something is bad or dangerous I felt a tingle of fear. This happened when I happened upon an interesting mushroom. It was brightly colored so I reached out to touch it. Something in the back of my head stopped me though. I quickly lost interest and chased after something in the bushes. I later returned to see the tree the mushroom had been near was wilting where it touched the fungus. I shivered at what it could have done to me.

Anyways, this hut seems pretty homey. There is a small kitchen and a fireplace. There was a decent sized closet and a twin sized bed next to it. Just enough for one person. I checked the contents of the closet. There were three other dresses that look exactly the same as the one I have on now. Looks like washing will be a pain.

Hehehe... this ... is PERFECT!! Let's be lazy! I flop down on the bed. I looked out the window right above my bed outside there was a small creak. The water reflected the pink evening sky as it ran down through the trees. Steki... 

I return my gaze to the ceiling of my new (or old?) home. I still had many questions... why were some things engraved into my memory while I couldn't remember anything about myself? Will the memories ever return? Maybe I don't have any missing memories? This could just be a dream... 

No... even if it was a dream... that same feeling told me that I didn't want to wake up. This was better than what happened before. I just don't know... this feeling... it's not fear. It's just a sense of knowing. Instinct even. But why? How did I know all this?

*grumble~*

Oh! Is that my stomach? Hmmm... It's empty. I push of the bed and walk to the kitchen. I was struck with a wave of nostalgia again. Before I knew it there was a meal in front of me. THe ingredients were already in the shelves around the kitchen. What I saw before me was a delicious sandwich. After scarfing it down I flopped back onto the bed with a full belly. It didn't take long for me to doze of.

 It didn't take long for me to doze of

This is Ois