Chapter 1: Beloved

Chapter 1: Beloved

At the moment they were all staying at this motor inn, it wasn't very nice but it was cheap and clean and that was all that mattered. Michael & Maria had their own room, as did Max & Liz, Kyle & Isabel shared a room but not a bed, it was safer if no one was ever left alone. Often at times they could only afford one or two rooms but that wasn't the case right now.

They were all basically living together at the moment, whether or not any of them were ready for that or not was anyone's guess. The personal relationships that they had with each other were stronger than ever. The only problems thus far recently were Michael & Maria, all they seemed to do was fight constantly.

Lately it seemed that Michael couldn't do anything right, and all Maria has done is scream at him over the stupidest things, when she's not doing that she's locking herself in the bathroom crying. Even Liz didn't know what was going on with Maria. They were all having breakfast at a small diner across the street from the inn; they were all waiting for Maria as she didn't join them yet. Michael informed them that Maria wasn't awake yet because he left her sleeping in for the moment. He thought that he was being nice but when she stormed into the diner an hour later from the look on her face, he could tell that she didn't look pleased.

Immediately she started screaming at him, "Why the hell didn't you wake me up, you know that they stop serving breakfast after ten, well what do you have to say for yourself?"

Michael stood up and said, "Calm down your making a scene and everyone's looking at us now. I'm sorry that I let you sleep in but you looked so peaceful and I couldn't bring myself to disturb you. I already ordered you some eggs, toast and coffee to go ok?"

He opened a container on the table with her breakfast in it. Even though he was trying to be the good boyfriend at the moment, Maria still managed to find fault within his actions. As she was about to start yelling at him yet again, the smell of eggs filled her nose and made her want to vomit, which is what made her start running towards the rest room. As she bolted into the rest room Liz wasn't too far behind her. Liz wanted to make sure that Maria was fine because lately there has been something off about Maria's behavior. When Liz entered the rest room, she could hear Maria in one of the stalls and it didn't sound pretty either.

She knocked softly on the door and said, "Maria, are you ok in there?"

After a few minutes Maria came out and washed off her face, Liz could tell that Maria had been crying as well. Maria didn't look good to Liz at all; she looked weak, small, pale, and brittle like she was going to pass out at any moment. Liz thought that Maria was going to faint, so she reached out and touched her arm to steady her. When Liz touched Maria, she got a flash, she had thought these flashes were over but she was wrong. The flash was of an unborn baby that had yet to be born, that's when it hit Liz that she knew what was wrong with her best friend, she was pregnant. Liz was about to tell Maria that she knew what was wrong with her, when something weird happened.

Maria shook Liz off her and said, "I'm fine, you didn't have to come in here, I'm not a child. Did Max & Michael send you in here after me?"

Since Liz didn't really know what to say to her friend she turned to leave because it was obvious that Maria was mad at everyone. Before Liz left the room shook a little bit and then the mirror broke before their eyes.

Liz said, "I didn't do that."

Maria started shaking and backed away from the mirror, she kept putting her hands in her pockets.

Then after a few moments Maria said, "I know I did it but I'm not sure how?"

Then she showed Liz her hands, they had green sparks all over them.

Maria started crying and shaking all over, then she said, "I don't know how it started or how to stop it. What can I do Liz tell me?"

Liz said, "First we need to tell Max and you need to tell Michael about the baby. And why haven't you told him about the baby yet?"

Maria looked at her stunned like she couldn't believe the words that Liz said.

Then Maria said, "How do you know about the baby, I'm not showing already am I?"

Liz shook her head no, and then she said, "I know because when I touched you before, I had a flash of the baby. It's a girl, in case you wanted to know. How long have you've known and when were you going to tell Michael and why haven't you already told him yet? Do you want me to go with you?"

Maria said, "I haven't known long just since we've been in this town. I just can't bring myself to tell him yet but I will soon. The reason that I haven't told him yet is because I am not completely sure that he is a hundred percent committed to me. I can't tell him until I'm sure that he wants to be with me forever. You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone either, especially Max because you know he won't be able to keep it a secret."

"How can you even think that Michael doesn't want to be with you forever?"

"Well have you seen him even attempt to commit to me like Max did for you?"

"No, but I can tell that he does love you though."

"I know he loves me but what if he thinks this baby is a mistake and will slow us down?"

"I think that you should just give him the chance before you count him out, just think about it will you?"

"Yes, I will but please promise me that you won't tell anyone yet?"

"Ok, I promise that I won't say a word but what about these flair ups, what are you going to do about them?"

"I don't know, besides its not coming from me but from the baby, she's got powers already."

Liz said, "I won't say anything but if these flair ups get any worse you have to tell me and then we will tell Max deal?"

Maria agreed with what Liz asked of her as they went to rejoin the others at the table.