A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably

Start from the beginning

Devasena could not say anymore as Amarendra pulled her to him. He needed to touch her, feel her and make her feel as words could not do justice at this moment. Devasena sought peace in his arms, on his chest, as his heartbeats soothed her.

She straightened herself and looked into his eyes.

"You know Amarendra? Every minute in that cell, I felt you. You sang for me as I slept, took me in your arms as I tried to lean on the cold wall of the cell. You were the one who kept me going. You were there, loving me, making me smile, telling me that our son is safe!"

Amarendra could not take it anymore. He caught her face in his hands very gently and slowly leaned in taking her lips in his. Devasena initially was a bit surprised. But she too gave in as her fingers buried in his hair.

Amarendra's eyes welled up as he tried pouring what he felt into that kiss. He was in coma where he felt nothing until he woke up. Even after he woke up, all he could think was the rage on remembering the fire engulfing his family. But his Deva had to see their son going away from her, had to go through the reality of him not being there for her and above all, she was chained like some animal in the center of Maahishmati fortress. But still she was here, head held high. Amarendra could not even think of what she would have gone through. But she still held on to him. May be her hold kept him breathing. His wife is a gem that was left in dust for so long and he could do nothing about it.

With that thought, his tears flowed down his cheeks and met her tears as it flowed to her cheek. Devasena's eyes opened as she saw tears behind Amarendra's closed eyes. She frowned and then a thought crossed her mind. Her fingers loosened in his hair and it distracted him. Taking the moment to her advantage, she bit his lips making him wince.

"Aah! Deva?!"

He called pulling out making her giggle.

"25 years later, you do this.. And you cry? Don't you know, it does not go well for Devasena's husband to cry like this?"

Amarendra who was already surprised now looked shocked. Did she tell Devasena's husband? But he must accept, that it was true!

Hiding his smile he frowned.

"25 years later, I do something and you do this? Forgot how Amarendra's wild cat used to be?"

Saying he winked! Devasena who saw her husband's wink after decades blushed beautifully. Amarendra saw his wife glowing beyond the wounds and he smiled.

Outside their personal cave..!

Avantika came to Shivudu who was smiling shaking his head.

"Enti shiva?"

She asked smiling at him.

"Nothing!"

He said as he turned and wiped his tears that had flown without him realizing. Avantika stopped him holding his shoulders and looked at his tears.

"Emayindi Shiva?"

"When I saw her in shackles, even when I did not know of her being my mother, I had an unknown rage burning inside me. But today I heard what Amma had gone through for 25 years. When you people were giving your lives to save her, i thought it to be stupidity. But as I heard my mother say how she spent her life all these years, while I was being nurtured, makes me feel.."

Avantika held his face in her palms and looked into his eyes smiling.

"Didn't you still understand that Rani Devasena wanted you to be safe and nurtured? She wanted you away from the evil so that you can be safe and return by right time. And see her belief has turned out to be true. You returned."