The Girl Who Lived...Through Draco Malfoy - Chapter 36

Start from the beginning

I wanted to run. I wanted to turn away and run back to Draco and Delia, but if I did, they would be killed. We walked through the trees until I could see a clearing. This was it. We were going to face Voldemort.

We stepped out into the clearing, Voldemort's face contorting into a smile.

"Harry Potter and sister Quendie, the ones who lived, come to die," he hissed, raising his wand. I saw his lips move, but didn't hear anything. There was a flash of green then black.

It was Hogwarts, but before the war and absent of all the students. I was standing in the Great Hall, the tables gone. It was completely empty except two people standing across the hall. As I walked closer, they came into view.

"You did it Quendie," my mom smiled."Voldemort's destroyed his own Horcrux."

"Then it's over?" I asked.

"Not quite," my dad replied.

"The snake," I said, realizing there was still one last Horcrux to destroy. "Ron and Hermione will destroy the snake."

"And if they don't?" my mom asked.

"They have to," I said, shaking my head.

"How can you be sure they will?" my dad asked.

"I guess I can't, but there's nothing I can do about it," I replied and they smiled. "Wait a second," I paused, "are you saying I'm not dead?" They stayed quiet. "How can I not be dead? I was hit with a killing curse." 

"When Voldemort cast the curse, he didn't know Harry was a Horcrux. The effect of killing that piece of his soul kept you and Harry alive," my mom explained.

The Great Hall began to fade and my parents were getting further away.

"We love you Quendie!" they shouted as everything turned black.

Suddenly I was aware of what was going on around me even though my eyes were closed. I was laying on the ground a rock stuck in my side and Voldemort talking close by.

"Who will pledge their allegiance to me?" he asked. I opened my eyes just enough to see Harry laying within arm's reach.

"It doesn't matter if they died. We'll still fight and we'll never forget what they died for!" I heard Neville's voice then shouts of support. I noticed Harry's eyelids flutter and I knew he was conscious as well.

"What about you, Draco?" Voldemort asked.

Something inside of me snapped and I jumped up. There were gasps of shock from the crowd and Harry jumped up as well. Death Eaters left in a cloud of black and Voldemort's face twisted into an expression of rage.The war began again, curses being cast between the Death Eaters who stayed and our supporters.

Voldemort cast a killing curse at us, but Harry deflected it.

"I'll kill the snake, you keep him busy," I said loud enough for Harry to hear, but not Voldemort. I ran towards the castle. I dodged spells, casting them back as I looked for Ron and Hermione.

"Hermione!" I shouted, spotting them in the Great Hall. "Do you have the sword?" She reached into her purse and threw it. I caught it, silently patting myself on the back for not cutting a hand off, and ran to find the snake.

Luckily, it wasn't hard. It was slithering towards Neville who was pinned against a wall, his wand five feet away. I ran as fast as I could, the snake pulling back to strike. I brought the sword down on the snake's neck. It vanished into a cloud of smoke and the hall echoed with Voldemort's voice. 

I watched Voldemort fall to his knees, Harry standing over him. His face slowly turned black then blew away like dust in the wind. Someone screamed, running up behind Harry. I cast a stunning spell, sending them backwards.

I walked up, Bellatrix lying on the ground, her face scared.

"Don't hurt me," she begged, putting up her hands. I shook my head and her face changed. "Avada kedavra!" she shouted, but I deflected it, sending it back. Her face went blank and she laid back, lifeless.

It was over. Voldemort was dead and the war was over. I jumped as Draco grabbed my hand. He had a cut above his eye, blood dripping down his face. I wrapped my arms around his neck, attaching our lips. It was long overdue and everything in my body ached for more.

Despite everything that had happened in our past, I couldn't live without him. He was the love of my life and I never wanted to let him go.

THE END