Yet here her little baby is again. She's still small, probably much smaller than most girls her age should be. She has her father's eyes and her mother's hair; two very distinguishing features. Natasha wonders what would have happened if she had been there for Svet; if she had escaped that night from the Red Room when everything went wrong. Natasha wouldn't have S.H.I.E.L.D., sure, but she'd have little Svet.

They would have found some nice small town in Russia or even America to live in. It, after all, seemed to work out pretty well for Clint and Laura. Natasha would have been there for Svet's first laugh, first steps, her first words, all of the first things that a child does. She missed those. She missed being able to tickle her sides and rock her gently to sleep. She'd have been there for the climbing of trees, for the movie nights, and the little girl giggles and the pony tails. She'd kiss her forehead each night when she went to sleep and when she woke again before she went to school. Maybe Svet would have been able to hear if she'd hadn't screwed up the escape. It's Natasha's fault that Svet can't hear; it's her fault that her daughter is a murderer.

The woman swallows harshly, running her tongue along her teeth as she fights back tears. When Svetlana catches her glances, she smiles at Natasha who smiles back. The woman is leant back in her seat with her feet lifted up. She is the picture of ease; it is nearly hard to imagine that they are on the run from the government, whichever one Svet doesn't know. Pushing away all of her previous thoughts and feelings, Natasha turns her head back towards Steve and watches him with a serious expression.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?"

"Nazi Germany," he adjusts in his seat as he keeps his eyes on the road.

"Hm," Natasha hums back.

"And we're borrowing," he eyes her before nodding to her raised feet, "Take your feet off the dash."

Oh yes, he's bossy

Oh yes, he's bossy.

Svet raises her eyebrows at the assassin who just smirks and obeys.

"Alright, I have a question for you," Steve looks over at the woman as she goes on, "which you do not have to answer. I feel like, if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

"What?" Steve asks, slightly exasperated as he nods for her to just spit it out.

She asks with a mischievous smirk, "Was that your first kiss since 1945?"

Svet sighs as she curls her arms around her knees.

They're talking about kissing again.

"That bad, huh?"

Natasha's voice raises as she tries not to be rude, "I didn't say that."

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying," he smiles a little.

"No, I didn't," the woman amusedly struggles to explain herself, "I just wondered how much practice you've had."

"Practice? You don't need practice."