Chapter 5: A Prince and Prophecy ✔️

Start from the beginning

"Bloody hell —" she cursed when she couldn't take it out. She heard the man's steps behind her and dodged one of his hits, which had sliced a thin tree branch. She used this moment to knee him down below, causing him to groan in pain. He recovered just as Mary pulled her sword out and their weapons struck one another once more. Trying to take advantage of him still recovering from her hit only seconds earlier, Mary took this chance to attack offensively. She made progress at first, but she could see the man eventually catching up to her pace.

Just as she about to aim from the left, someone else collided with her, forcing her down into the grass with a small thud. It wasn't very painful since she mostly landed on a pile of fallen leaves, but the air still got knocked out of her. She groaned before looking at the culprit next to her: Edmund.

"Why did you do that?" Mary asked. "I was fighting him!"

"Obviously," he coughed, removing his arm from around her. "But this is only your second sword fight and it's with some stranger. It's as if you like getting yourself into danger."

Mary scoffed and looked back, wondering what had happened to the man she was fighting and Lucy

Mary scoffed and looked back, wondering what had happened to the man she was fighting and Lucy. The young girl was not in sight anymore, and the man was now getting up from the ground, seemingly having been pushed by someone else, too. Mary realized it was Peter when the blonde boy's sword fell near her, and so did the other man's sword a little further away. Instead of picking their own weapons up, Peter grabbed ahold of a massive rock while the black-haired man took Peter's sword. The two of them rose to their feet, ready to strike.

"No! Stop!" someone yelled.

Both men froze, their weapons suspended in midair. All heads turned to find out that it was Lucy who had reappeared ordered them to stop. She wasn't alone now, though. Now, standing behind her, there were animals and mythical creatures that Mary had only ever read about in fairytales. They were all clad in armor, held weapons, and had a certain aura to them that told Mary they weren't just any animals; they were Narnians.

Realization struck Mary and she looked back at the man who attacked her.

"Prince Caspian?" she guessed.

"Yes?" he answered, looking at her and then the rest of the Pevensies in confusion. "And who are you people?"

"Peter!" Susan shouted and entered the scene before anyone could respond, while Trumpkin was hot on her heels. Upon the call of Peter's name, Caspian looked down as the puzzle pieces began to fit inside his head.

"High King Peter," he said quietly, eventually raising his eyes to look at him.

"I believe you called," Peter replied.

"Well, yes. But I thought you'd be older."

"Well, if you like, we could come back in a few years —"

"No!" said Caspian instantly. "No, that's alright. You're just... you're not exactly what I expected."

"Neither are you," Edmund commented, getting up from the ground and pulling Mary up with him.