XXI. Jumping in the Trashcan

Börja om från början

He glances upward. "Miss Sosa," he said, and she stops typing. She looks at him with what seems to be a glare. "How would you handle this matter?"

She looks down at her laptop. "The simplest method by which to deal with the issues raised in the scenario is to consider the individuals' position. Two potential issues arising out of the treatment resulted in Jacob's dismissal. These relate to whether the dismissal is considered unfair under the provisions of the Employment Rights Act 1996 and also whether, because Jacob's dismissal is related to his religion, whether he will be able to bring a claim under the provisions of the Equality Act 2010." she replies.

I did not understand what she said.

Mr.Timberland continues lecturing, and with each question, he seemed to purposely pick on Taniyah to answer - almost as if bullying her.

I want to cry.

I'm going to fail.

I look at the trashcan, feeling the need to jump into it.

Once the bell rang, I silently prayed to the Gods and packed up my stuff. Massaging my temples with two fingers, I walk out of the classroom seeing Taniyah settling on her chair - still typing on her laptop.

I tilt my head and continue walking. A gasp exited my throat when I felt someone's arm tangling with mine. "Hi!" Serena chirps with a broad grin.

I attempt to pull my arm away. "Hi," I said slowly as my legs continue to move down the busy hallway while I glance at my schedule.

"I saw how you look at Mr.Timberland," she smirks. "Unfortunately, the man is married." She wiggles her left finger. I look back to see a black ring on it.

I was a little disappointed, but - Josh's face appears in my mind again.

Can't you leave me alone, Josh?!

"Although, I wouldn't touch Mr.Timerland even if he is single. Rumors said he is from the-" she glances around. "Italian mafia."

I almost choke on my saliva. "What?" I sigh, unable to find my class.

Serena giggles, "Your classroom is in the other building."

"Is it?" I ask, turning my body 180 degrees.

She nods. "You need a tour guide," she places a hand on herself and begins walking backward. "Good thing, I'm here. Follow me"

I sigh, knowing it's better to follow her then get lost.

Serena pops a bubble and stops walking. "You got in Kick Em' 143?" she gasps. "Lucky! No freshmen can get into that class!"

I smile awkwardly. "Really?"

She nods. "It's like one of the hardest extracurricular classes in school to get into. Even seniors have a difficult time getting in."

I saw my classroom number and almost physically clapped. Tucking a strand of hair back, I look at Serena, who stares at me. "Thanks for showing me my class."

She smiled and held my hands. "Let's be friends."

I shrug. "Okay."

Serena looks at my ears. "Oh my gosh! Are those Tiffany Victoria earrings?!"

I held onto my ear, feeling the cool metals. "I think it is."

She leans in closer and gasps, covering her mouth. "Where did you get them?"

"My best friend brought it for me during my birthday," I said, wondering if I should mention Josh's name.

Suddenly, Serena hugged me. "We are going to be the best of friends!" she chirps. "Have lunch with our friends and me later?"