16•You Dont Have to Lie to Me

Start from the beginning

"Fine. Just don't hurt him..." I trail.

"Get in the car!" He screamed and I ran to the passenger side.

I couldn't him hurt Gable. I didn't wanna be the girl he always saves. I didn't to get him hurt again.

"Alexa... please look at me." Gable whispers.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper back.

"For what?" I see him lay his hand on top of my leg.

"Please don't touch it." I look at his hand. I can't feel it but I can remember how it felt.

"I'm sorry." He says quickly taking it off.

"I need your help." I grab one of his hands.

"With what?" He asks caressing mine back.

Gables POV:

"I wanna walk." She says looking down at her leg.

"I don't think that's a good-." I start.

"Hey here's your chips." Dean says handing me the bag, while eating a Twix.

"Thanks." I say opening them. Alexa looks at my hand while I pick up the chip and eat it.

She watches until I bite and then turns away like she's disgusted.

Alexa's POV:

I need to throw up, but what can I throw up? I have nothing to throw up. Seeing Gable being able to eat just makes me sick at my stomach.

•••••••••

Dean finally leaves but forgets his leather jacket he let me wear because I was cold.

"I'll take it to him." Gable says running out of the room.

I sit there and stare at my leg, feeling hopeless.

Gables POV:

I hand Dean his jacket back but out the corner of my eye see Alexa's Doctor.

"Hey Doc." I say running towards him.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Alexa Kaufman. I'm her friend. Is her leg paralyzed?" I ask him hoping for the best possible answer.

"I'm afraid so." He says.

"Okay... is she supposed to walk on it?"

"Well I mean she can but she can't use it so she'll need a wheelchair or crutches for the rest of her life." He says.

"And isn't she supposed to be eating?" I finish my questions.

"Yes. Is she not?" He asks back.

"She's not."

"She might need some antidepressants..." I trails off talking to the receptionist.

"Order some anti depressants for Alexa Kaufman please." He says to the same woman for a few nights ago.

"Thank you. Oh and when can she go home?" I ask him. He looks up from his clipboard taking off his glasses.

"She's free to go... but she'll need someone to stay with her all the time. She'll need help with a lot of things until she can do it on her own."

"Thanks." I sadly walk away.

"Please take care of her Mr. Gable. She's a fine young woman." He yells down the hallway.

Alexa's POV:

"Where have you been?!" I yell at Gable as he walks slowly back in the door.

"Sorry Dean wanted to know something about AJ Lee." He chuckles.

"Oh okay." I say looking back down at my leg, uncovered and scared up.

"Hey, you okay?" Gable asks walking up to my bed and pulling my face up to look at his.

"I'm fine." I lie. I'm not fine. Fine is a word girls use when guys ask us about our days, how we feel, and when they wanna hang out with the guys instead of us. We lie. This-this lie covers up everything I've been feeling.

"Your lying." He says. I look at his eyes, filled with hurt. "You don't have to lie to me." He says.