She opened another letter and this time it was from Ginny. Attached to the letter was a photo of everyone back home smiling and waving. At some point, she felt bad not going home for the holidays but she knew Ginny and Harry supported her 100% with her decision to spend the holidays with the Malfoys. It was surprising at first but it seems that her Uncle Harry was alright with it.

I stopped Ron from sending you a howler. You do not need his displeased voice booming in the Malfoy's mansion on Christmas Day. I have kept him calm for this long but please floo him as soon as you are able.

Ginny explained in the letter. Her uncle Ron had always been overprotective with her and based on her mother's diary entries Ron wasn't silent about his displeasure towards the Malfoys especially Draco. Alicia laughed and made to ask if a floo call was available after breakfast. She wouldn't want to see her uncle storming in with a wand pointing at her Professor's throat. Come to think of it James Potter spends too much time with him.

After reading all of the letters sent to her she took a sip of her tea and realized that it had cooled to room temperature indicating she had been reading for a while and not noticed the time. She looked at the clock and it was a little past eight. Last night she was informed that they would meet in the living room at 8:45. She placed the letters inside the pocket of her case. She didn't want to lose anything. Those letters would be transferred to an Egyptian ornate box Ron had bought when he was in an assignment in Egypt. It wasn't anything fancy but he had asked the merchant if it would be possible to add a cartouche bearing Alicia's name in Hieroglyphics. Alicia loved it and used it to store small keepsakes and that includes letters.

A faint knock alerted her that Jewel had come to fetch her.

"Good Morning, Jewel." She greeted her with a warm smile. "Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas, Miss Alicia." Jewel smiled warmly. "Are you ready?" She asked.

"Is this appropriate?" Alicia asked, gesturing at her plain outfit. She was planning on changing but she didn't recall a dress code for the morning festivities.

"It is." Jewel approved.

"Alright. Let me get my shoes and presents." Alicia grabbed her warm boots and the pile of gifts sitting near her door.

--

"The family room is on the next left." Jewel instructed. "Also this came in." Jewel handed her an envelope with a red seal. There was no return address or a name from who it was from. Only her name was written.

"Thank you, Jewel." Alicia thanked gratefully.

Alicia had noticed that the hallway leading to the family room was decorated with photographs. She stopped at one photograph that caught her attention. She was sure this was in the Astronomy Tower back at Hogwarts. Three silhouettes were looking out to the sunset. She looked at the corner and it was dated a year after the Battle of Hogwarts. She might have thought that these photos were Astoria's. The woman was a photographer after all.

*Flashback*

"What in Merlin's beard is that?" Draco questioned pointing at the object Hermione was holding. He had just finished Quidditch and rushed to meet Hermione for their date.

"This?" She asked, lifting the silver rectangular object. "It's a muggle camera."

Draco raised an eyebrow. He was sure muggle items were forbidden in Hogwarts but then again this was the war heroine and one of the Headmistress' favorite students. Like the Time Turner she was an exception.

"It's quite small." He approached.

"It's compact and you can bring it anywhere unlike the cameras that reporters have. But like them, these have to be developed although these aren't moving photos." She reached for a brown envelop from her robes that contained some photos that were sent to her earlier that day. She handed him the envelope and he perused them.

My Daughter (Dramione)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें