He listened quietly to the words. "What are you doing New Year's... New Year's Eve..." In a sudden burst of confidence, Steve moved his hand from her back and gently pressed it to the back of Natasha's head, leaning her head into his shoulder. It was a move straight out of the 1940's and one Steve remembered Bucky had taught him.

Natasha smiled into his shoulder. "Nice move, Rogers." She listened to him chuckle through his chest as he moved his hand back down to the small of her back.

"Well, I've been waiting to dance with you all night," he said softly, putting his chin down to look at her.

Wanda was dancing with Vision nearby. Bingo, she thought. She couldn't pass up an opportunity to bring Steve and Natasha even closer. She raised her hands behind Vision's neck and twirled them delicately, glowing red light emerging from her movement. She smiled as she eyed them closely, ready to aim. Just then Vision started to turn her while dancing, she fired and gasped.

She hit Laura and also possibly Reed.

This shit's for the birds, she told herself.

"Wanda," Vision said in his melodic voice. "Maybe this will teach you not to meddle in people's personal affairs."

She stepped back and looked up at him, her mouth gaping. "You did that on purpose?"

Vision smiled subtly and nodded.

"Viz..."

"Well, I believe left to their own devices, Captain Rogers and Agent Romanoff will find their own way." Vision gave her a reassuring look. "I've been waiting for you to pay that much attention to me this evening."

"Oh, Viz, I'm sorry," Wanda said, her eyebrows knit close together. "I guess I got carried away." Wanda reached for his face and gave it a little squeeze.

"I am not offended," Vision said. "I just wanted to have the opportunity to show you my moves." Vision quickly dipped Wanda backwards as she laughed.

"That's pretty good, Viz."

Steve and Natasha both had a fire burning in their chest. He could feel his heart beating faster and he knew it was time to kiss her. He looked around to see what was going on and it didn't necessarily calm his nerves any; Laura was whispering into Clint's ear as he giggled, Reed and Sue were making out, Sam and Maria looked a little too close, Vision was dipping Wanda backwards, and there was Peter... Oh.... ready to take their picture. Steve and Natasha smiled for him.

"I'll send it to you both," Peter said before he walked off.

Natasha laughed a tired laugh, still resting on Steve's shoulder. "I heard a tiny little voice and for a second, I thought Scott was on my shoulder talking."

Steve laughed and pulled her closer. "Nat..."

"Yeah?" she asked softly, lifting her face to look up into his eyes.

"I was just thinking—"

"Hey, pal," a voice said behind him.

Steve turned Natasha and they looked to see Tony standing there, grinning from ear to ear. "Yes, Tony?" he asked.

"You look awful cozy with Red here," Tony laughed, glancing at Natasha. "But I was wondering if you'd help move the couches for me."

Steve sighed, almost inaudibly. "Sure." He looked at Natasha, "I'll be right back."

Steve, Tony, and Ben stood and spoke for a moment as Natasha watched. Steve removed his coat and rolled his sleeves up a bit before he and Ben started picking up the couches and moving them back a few feet, opening up the space. Steve looked up and caught Natasha watching him and they gave each other a little smile.