"Ion know 'bout allat. I'm not gone have time for that," he said.
"You'll have time. Trust me you will. I'll help you when you need it. I'll be there every step of the way," I cooed, "You'll be fine."
"You promise you'll be there?"
"I promise."

Chance
This whole going back to school thing seems like it's too good to be true. Ain't no way I'm gone be able to finish it. If I couldn't finish it the first time, what makes you think that I'll be able to finish it this time around. Maybe it won't be that bad. I tired of putting myself and others in danger because of what I do. I been shot at and threatened. That shit don't faze me but now since I've got Egypt, I don't want to put him in any danger. That's my lil behbe right there. There isn't anything that I wouldn't do for him. That's also why I'm agreeing to start school again. To make him proud and show him that I'm more than just some hood nigga that's dealing. I want to show him that I'm tryna do best for both of us. Show him that I'm worth him being around.  I peeked over at him to see him looking out the window. He felt me looking and smiled at me. I winked and flicked my tongue at him. He giggled then stared out the window again.

"So do I get a graduation?" I asked, suddenly.
He nodded.

"Yes," he smiled, "You walk with the local high school."

I nodded, "How we gone get this started? What we gotta do?"

"The school year started like two months ago but I guess they'll get you caught if they accept you still. All we gotta do is go on the website and sign up. Then wait for the email saing that you were accepted. When do you wanna start?"

"As soon as I can."

"We can enroll you today and hopefully get you started tommorow."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Anything for you Chance."

I reached over and grabbed his hand to kiss it. The rest of the ride to his apartment was mostly silent. I asked hm a few questions about the process of getting enrolled and how this would work out. We pulled up to his apartments and got out. I took food up as he went to unlock the door.

"Put that in the kitchen," she said, grabbing his laptop,"Then meet me in my room."
Once I got all the food in the house, I walked down the hallway to his room. When I walked in, I seen he was on the phine with somebody. Probably Jacob.

"You staying with Santo for the whole week?. . .okay. . .yea. . .I'll make sure to save you some. . .okay. . . love you. . .bye."
I flopped on the bed and pulled Egypt on my lap. He opened up his laptop and went on Google. He searched up 'Second Chances Academy'. (A.N. Made up school.) The website came up after while. Turtle ass wifi. The website had a bunch of pictures of happy people with diplomas in hand. He glanced down at me.
"Are you sure you're okay with doing this?" he asked.
I thought 'bout that. Do I fr wanna go back to school? I know it ain't the same as walking the halls and sitting in a class but still. It's gone be hard asl. And I barely remebeer anything from my Junior year.
"Chance you don't have to do this because I told you about it. If you really want to do this then do it. But if you don't then you don't. I'm not forcing you to do anything. It's all up to you," he said, staring down at me.
I nodded, "I'm gone do it. I wanna do it. Sellin drugs and killing people is getting old."
He had the biggest smile on his face when he said that. He leaned down to peck my lips then went to click on the giant 'Enroll Now!' button. There was a long form that we had to fill out.
"Here. You have to fill this out," he said, tryna hand me the laptop.
"Nah. You do that. I ain't finna fill that out the wrong way," I shrugged.
He sighed and began filling out the form.