Chapter ten- Prom, Graduation and Other Things..

Start from the beginning

"Well, congratulations!" I say.

"Thank you!" Scarlett smiles.

Jack goes to sit in his chair and I go and sit beside him on the ground. I lean my head against the arm to the chair. "So," Slenderman starts. "How old are you, Wren?"

"I'm eighteen," I answer.

An awkward silence settles over the room. Clockwork just stares around with her one piercing green eye while the clock one makes its tiny ticking noises. I stupidly try to break it. "Uuuummm... I'm wondering, does everybody in here kill other people?"

"Everyone but Scarlett," Clockwork answers. I've never heard her speak and now I have, I see she has some sort of accent. Not sure what kind though.

I nod. "I just want to graduate and be out here. You all seem a bit more interesting than all of the people I know,"

"When do you graduate?" Clockwork asks.

"Friday. Then it's all done and I can leave my completely normal life behind me," I answer.

Normal is stupid. I think to myself.

***

Three days later...

School is getting too easy in the last days of it. The teachers are slacking off as much as us these days. Three more of them until I no longer have to get up in the mornings to get to my classes, no more jocks, no more popularity, no more homework, and no more attention from boys especially.

Prom tonight. Not looking forward to it too much but I only do get one prom and grad, so I may as well go. I just don't want to look stupid.

I zip up my blood coloured dress and look at it in the bathroom mirror. I smile; not too bad I don't think. I put some pale red lip stain on my lips and do my regular eyeliner job, always on my eyelids and underneath the corner lid farthest from my nose. I use mascara and a bit of blush on my cheeks.

There's this damn eyebrow hair that just won't stay down today. Normally my eyebrows look perfectly thin and in order, but no it has to be one of those days. So I decide to just pluck it out.

I put my hair into some lose curls and leave my side bangs to be curled but cover one eye. I run back to my room and put on my skull necklace and black high heels. Good, not too girly; I just kind of look like the death queen who wears black and blood red.

I walk down the stairs and mom and dad are waiting for me. Mom has a camera and dad I think is just there to see me before tomorrow morning. But they're both smiling so I know they're happy. "Oh," mom says. "I didn't even know you still had that 'best friends' necklace!"

"Yeah," I smile, "I still love it,"

I hear the girls honking the car horn from outside, I'd better go. "Wait!" mom stops me. "We need to take your picture!"

I laugh and stand by the door smiling. Mom holds the camera up to her eyes and snaps a few photos. The stupid camera flash makes me blink afterwards. My parents hug me and I head out the door.

We reached the school pretty fast, (we may or may not have gone a 'tiny bit' over the speed limit). By the time we get to the gym prom's been going on for about twenty minutes. We give our tickets to a teacher at the door and walk in.

Craig walks up to me. "Hey!" he greets me.

"Hey," I say.

"Okay, I'm not sure if this is true but people are already going around saying Harley's spiked the punchbowl. So if you want to stay safe and not get drunk, I'd not drink the punch just in case," he says.