"Richie, come on." Eddie said softly, but Richie had noticed for the first time who was standing next to her, his arm wrapped around her waist.

Spencer Allen.

Eddie sucked in a breath of air, wincing, and Richie slowly turned to look at him. "Did you know about this?"

He nodded slightly, and Richie's mouth dropped open. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't." Eddie said, pressing his lips together. "I-I didn't know how, Richie. You were a mess and frankly. . .you still are."

"Gee, thanks." Richie said sarcastically, and then looked over at the pair of them again, his insides boiling like hot lava. "So, are they like a thing now?"

Eddie shook his head. "I don't know. But if they are, then I'm petrified for her."

Until now, Richie had completely forgotten what "activities" Spencer prided himself in doing and felt his blood go cold as he whispered, "Oh my God."

Eddie anxiously licked his lips. "Yeah."

He looked at Richie again, who was staring at her, transfixed, and said, "Richie, come on. Let's just go, okay? We can talk about this at lunch."

He touched Richie's arm, and Richie jerked out of his trance and followed him down the hallway, cracking his knuckles as they passed Ash's locker, and he caught himself staring at her from out of the corner of his eye.

And then, he saw Ash tense and look up, and all at once her eyes met his and they stared at each other.

He saw her take an unconscious step in his direction, and then back away again, realization flashing over her expression.

Richie looked away as Spencer glanced up also, pulling his hat down over his eyes and stuffing his hands in his pockets as pain threatened to tear him apart.

Then, he forced himself to keep walking, away from the love of his life who he wasn't sure he would ever get back again.

Meanwhile, Ashley Brenner felt like she was going to fucking faint.

Her boyfriend- a horrible feeling washed over her as she mentally corrected herself- ex-boyfriend had just walked past her with Eddie Kaspbrak.

He looked like he hadn't slept in a week; and maybe he hadn't. Richie looked like an absolute wreck, his whole body pale, dark circles underneath his eyes which had a deadened look about them.

Spencer Allen, who was standing beside her, watched him go, snorting, "Look at him. Such a trashmouth."

Ash felt herself flinch hard at this sentence and looked away from him, not answering. Richie hated to be called Trashmouth.

Spencer nudged her. "Don't you think he's a trashmouth?"

Again, Ash didn't answer, this time turning away from him and shoving the rest of her things in her locker. "We should get to class."

He caught her arm. "Ashley."

She swallowed, not meeting his eyes as she shut her locker again, and his grip tightened on her arm. "Ashley!"

Ash looked up, and saw Spencer glaring down at her, his breath hot on her face. "What did we talk about?"

She looked down at her feet, mumbling, "Acceptance."

"And I told you," Spencer said, his voice steely. "That Richie Tozier is a no good, piece of trash, that deserves to go to hell. He's a Trashmouth, and you know it."

He leaned down close to her. "Say it."

Ash felt numb, looking anywhere but at him. She couldn't. Because that wasn't Richie. That was never Richie.

Spencer shook her, his fingernails digging into the skin of her arm. "Say it!"

Ash felt her breath hitch, and she whispered, "He's a- he's a Tr-Trashmouth."

Spencer let go of her arm, looking satisfied. "You have to remember that, Ashley. Okay? I'm only trying to do what's best for you."

Again, Ash didn't answer, her arm burning where he had grabbed her as she clutched her textbooks in her arms and disappeared into math, hot tears threatening to prick at the backs of her eyes as she sank down into her seat.

dun dun dunnn! richie is back at school, and it seems like spencer isn't finished with him just yet. . . also, guess what you guys? so i don't know if you all know yet, but the asshole duo has social media now!

instagram; theassholeduo

wattpad; theassholeduo

they just published a book on their wattpad and richie wanted me to give them self promotion. the bitch. they said they could talk to you guys and you could ask them questions or even just start a conversation by pming them or dming them on instagram. go read their book, "us: a concept" and it's all explained in there! you can ask them about filming or the book or certain scenes or what richie's favorite ice cream flavor is. . .whatever you all want!

vote and comment on this for me, new update coming soon!