Chapter 2-Decisions

The ride back home was silent. Blue Eyes rode beside Ash as he cradled the child in one arm and held the reigns with the other. The child was asleep and curled up in the muddy blanket with it's hands rested on Blue Eyes' chest, rubbing against his fur. Ash glanced a few times and snickered at Blue Eyes.

"She's kinda cute.", he signed, admiring the little infant. Blue Eyes looked at him.

"How can you tell it's a girl?", he questioned.

Ash raised his brow at him. "Can't you tell?"

Blue Eyes then looked back at her as she unconsciously tangled her small fingers in tuffs of his fur. He averted his gaze when his horse snorted and sped up a little, he saw they were almost home. Ash pointed towards the child.

"How do we explain this to Caesar?", he signed, slightly worried.

Blue Eyes didn't answer, he didn't know how any of the apes would react.

Finally, they returned back to the Ape Village, everyone gathered to greet them. Blue Eyes held the sleeping child closer as more apes approached.

His mother, Cornelia, walked to him holding Cornelius' hand with Rocket by their side.

"Mother!", he greeted as they embraced in a hug.

Rocket too welcomed Ash. Cornelia then felt movement and shuffled away only to see a now woken up baby girl start wailing. The sudden cry startled everyone and immediately grabbed their attention, all faces turned to Blue Eyes and the crying bundle in his arms.

"What is that?", one ape signed.

"Where did it come from?", another asked.

Ash decided to speak up. "We found it.", He answered. "It was crying in a bush."

All the apes started hooting and screeching, the child only cried more but was comforted by Blue Eyes. Suddenly, the wild cries from the apes came to a stop. Caesar had appeared on his rock, his hand raised in the air to silence them. Blue Eyes handed the whining little girl to Ash and walked towards Caesar.

"Father, we found this in the woods, it was crying and cold.", he explained. Caesar turned his gaze to Ash who was holding the child, it had been years since he last saw another human but Blue Eyes clearly didn't know.

"Bring the child.", he signed.